do you peek?

are you a christmas sneak?

• no, i wait patiently for my presents to be presented to me.

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • well...i do keep my eyes open in areas of the house i frequent...like closets or drawers.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • i am a box shaker. i can tell by the dimensions of the box and the assorted thuds and slides the con

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • i open and rewrap my presents. i also look at credit card receipts and checkbooks.

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
*waiting for poll*

...and no, i haven't peeked since i was a kid.
but i do make exceptions & open the present before christmas :D

my hubby is not a very good secret-keeper, so i usually know what i'm getting beforehand.

last year he bought me an iPod online, but being computer-illiterate, he used my email addy & they sent the confirmation/receipt to me :lloyd:

I peeked once when I was a kid... kinda ruined it for me.

Now we don't pull out the presents until christmas day, so there's no opportunities to peek. :lloyd:

Professur said:
I peeked once as a child. It totally ruined that christmas for me.
I was probably 8 or 9. My older bro and I unwrapped a couple presents while mom was at work. One of them was an electronic football game. Remember these:

.......-..........-.........
....-....-.......-..-......
.......-..........-.........

Yeah, anyway we unwrapped and rewrapped that thing every day for a week or so. Finally we started getting sloppy and Mom caught on. I'll just say it wasn't the best christmas I ever had, but I'm still weak. I don't really unwrap or rewrap anymore, but I bug my wife alot, try to make deals, etc...

Ya mean one of these?
Coleco-ElectronicQuarterback.jpg

Stopped peeking a long time ago. It's not like I long that much to see my new pairs of socks, towels, or occasional class bowl.

HomeLAN said:
God, me too. I about wore that damn thing out when I was a kid.

Ditto that...and thanks to my mother's penchant for keeping things, I may still own one in their basement somewhere :D

there are a couple places, like the top of the linen closet, that if i happen to be looking there, i'll check for gifts.
my speed racer tin lunchbox was one of such finds ^_^

I open my presents when no one is looking and if i don't find them agreeable i return them and buy something i do like. Then i wrap the new present back in the same package with the same wrapping. The best part about this whole deal is that when i finally open the presents on christmas day the people who bought me the present in the first place always look as surprised as i'm pretending to be. :D

I never peek. My wife and I have an agreement...we tell one another where NOT to look. I dunno if she peeks or not, but I never do.

Being a compulsive collector, I get a lot of gift cards anyway. YOU try and buy a CD for someone with thousands of CDs and LPs that the person wants but doesn't already own. Ain't easy.

i am a box shaker but i've been trying to avoid that activity in recent years. i got so good at it as a child i had no 100% surprises. now i don't like to know. it kills me to not know but i love the surprise at the end.

i don't know what i'm getting...not really.

Back