"Doggie Heaven"

Mare

Our Daisey girl had to be put to sleep yesterday....:crying4::crying4::crying5:
She was a 12 yr. old golden retriever/chow, always had some problems, but in the past 2 months she had lost ALOT of weight, starting loosing her bladder all over the house. She hadn't eaten for 3 days, and yesterday morning she was loosing control of hind legs. Scotts son, Nick, took her to the Vet yesterday morning, he is having a private cremation for her so that Scott didn't have to bury her body. My boys are taking it pretty ruff too, especially my oldest, Michael. His hampster "Rosco" just passed on Monday, so he buried him on the dirt hill with his hermit crabs.So far, just hasn't been a good week. I can't sleep tonight, think I got a whole hour 1/2 thru broken sleep.

Oh well, thanks for letting me vent all.:mope:

Professur

My heart goes out to you. Been there, done that ..... and it never gets easier. So why do we keep getting new animals? Because in the long run, the happiness they bring day to day far outweighs the sadness of their passing.

Mare

My heart goes out to you. Been there, done that ..... and it never gets easier. So why do we keep getting new animals? Because in the long run, the happiness they bring day to day far outweighs the sadness of their passing.

AMEN! It's definetly the "Unconditional Love Thing". I feel bad for her brother, Pluto, he is still with us, and they always did things together, he seemed to be the more dominent one, and she was laid back and quiet. My brother told me that if he didnt see her die, he shouldn't have anxiety seperation that bad. I think, he thinks she somewhere in the house or outside. They eat at 10-11 at night, and I fed him last night, too hard for scott, Call me crazy, but i think he was looking for her to go outside after he ate, thats their routine. Dunno, like my Dad always said, One Day At A Time....

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I'm sorry Mare :(

PS. Totally off-topic, I thought this thread was going to be about...positions.

Dave

I'm so sorry Mare.
My dog is about 14 and is getting close to that day as well.
Already dreading it.

H2O boy

just like losing a member of the family. some of my pets have been nicer than my family actually

youll never forget but it will ease with time

pc_builder

My cat is 19 this summer. She definitely sleeps a lot more than she used to. And I always find myself checking on her, to make sure she's still breathing.

Mare

just like losing a member of the family. some of my pets have been nicer than my family actually

youll never forget but it will ease with time

I can DEFINETLY relate to the "nicer then family" thingy.....

chcr

Too cute for words
Sorry to hear it Mare. I don't have comforting words (I don't think they work anyway) but I have a quote from another forum that I've always liked:

"Dogs don't live long enough for the attachments we form with them."

Mare

Thanks again all for the kins words and quotes. She (Daisey) should be coming home today or tomorrow. Not sure what Scott is going to do with her. Hoping he buries the ashes.

Mare

Well..........we got Daisey's ahes back last nite.
So sad I am, I had to go outside after Scott's son handed them to him. No couth, I thought to myself, I know there's no easy way for something like that,but should have done it in a better way.

Scott and I were sitting on the bed talking, and his son walked in the room, interupted us and just said, here's Daisey!

They put her in a very beautiful wooden box with carvings on it and in a red velvet pouch over it with the rainbow bridge saying ,just in awwww i was. Lost my breathe for a second was speechless. Went outside, thought I was going to pass out, starting crying like a baby. I misss her, I remember all the tmes she made me smile and shake my head in disbelief of some crazy thing she was doing. Oh well, the memories will keep her alive in my heart.

valkyrie

Mare, sorry about your loss. I've lost a lot of pets... it never gets easier.

I lost my chicken, Rogue, months ago. She was awesome. I have other chickens but she was my pet. She used to sleep with my dog. She had some balls on her, that chicken! That's the same dog that mauled her and nearly killed her. After I taped her back up and nursed her to health in my livingroom she became my pet. I brought her out to introduce her back to my dog and she whacked him with her beak right between his eyes about a half dozen times. He never touched her after that. She used to follow me around when I'd garden, waiting for me to turn up something good to eat.

I miss her.

Mare

Mare, sorry about your loss. I've lost a lot of pets... it never gets easier.

I lost my chicken, Rogue, months ago. She was awesome. I have other chickens but she was my pet. She used to sleep with my dog. She had some balls on her, that chicken! That's the same dog that mauled her and nearly killed her. After I taped her back up and nursed her to health in my livingroom she became my pet. I brought her out to introduce her back to my dog and she whacked him with her beak right between his eyes about a half dozen times. He never touched her after that. She used to follow me around when I'd garden, waiting for me to turn up something good to eat.

I miss her.

That's an awesome story.........thnx for sharing.