done with the ER

Dave

gave my notice at work today.
had an incident at work last week. basically, i was the first step in a clusterfuck of a case so i get to take the majority of the blame for it. it was my initial error that got compounded. AFAIK, the patient is doing well, which is what is important.
i was feeling a little ambivilant about leaving till the end of the night when i was told i was going to have to take some of the blame for another error. i picked up a patient near shift change so i could get them started (bloods, ekg, etc) then handed the patient off to another nurse. apparently orders were written on the patient that i was completely unaware of and the nurse i signed off to didnt look at the order sheet, so none of the meds were given. since i initially had taken the patient, i have to shoulder some of the blame for the meds not being given despite the fact i was completely unaware of the orders.
that cured the ambivalence. resumes going out first thing tomorrow.
going to try my hand at psychiatric nursing.
ok. i feel better now.
thanks. :)

Whew! Had me worried...I thought you were gonna say you weren't gonna watch the show anymore...:D

Seriously, Good luck with all of it. Hope there are better things to come for you.

Looks like a brave step spot.

But, as one who thinks nothing of quitting a job (regardless of how well it paid) if it was doing my head in........I know where ya coming from :)

Good luck in yer future ambitions :swing:

Kudos to you, Dave!

To many people stay stuck in jobs that make them miserable because they are afraid to start over or afraid of change.

yeah, been there, done that

Ya done good :D

Good Luck!

damn dave...i'm sorry...but good luck to you and i know that you'll find something better, nurses are in top demand everywhere. :hug:

Good luck to you. For what it's worth, it sounds like it might be the right thing for you to do.

An EMT buddy once told me that good nurses never starve, and I've seen that in action more than once.

thank you everyone for the support. it was actually a tough decision, but i feel positive that it was the right one.
got a couple of good leads from one of the social workers as to where would be the better places to work and specifically which ones to avoid.
i'll let you know when i get the new job. :)

Having just done the "quit my job thing" and gone through re-training. I can say a few things. First of all, the job market's not so easy, nor is it much fun...but the effort that you put into finding the right place for you makes finding that job, that much more rewarding.

Best of luck!
Marc

As long as you've got something to move on to...

BTW...I have a small swelling on my instep...almost like a blister, but not. Do you know what that is? :D

Blame aside, I'm redoing my resume this weekend aswell. I'm sick of this job...
[Edit]realized I created a word that probably doesn't exist duh :retard:

Back