Don't ask, don't tell' is no more

spike

Reporting from Washington —
President Obama on Wednesday signed a bill doing away with the ban on gays serving openly in the military, a milestone he said redeemed the sacrifice of gay men and women who fought in every war beginning with the 18th century battle for independence.

Using 15 ceremonial pens, Obama repealed the "don't ask, don't tell" law, beginning the transition to an armed forces in which gay troops no longer need to conceal their sexual orientation in order to serve.

Obama cast the issue as part of a string of civil rights struggles that beat back discrimination in favor of a more tolerant, unified nation.

Speaking to a crowd of about 500 military leaders, members of Congress, gay rights advocates and service men and women, Obama said, "We are not a nation that says 'don't ask, don't tell.' We are a nation that says out of many, we are one. We are a nation that welcomes the service of every patriot. We are a nation that believes all men and women are created equal."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-dont-ask-20101223,0,2691628.story

Freedom wins. :headbng2:

catocom

long as they follow the rule...."don't start none, won't be none"

Gays can be some of the best....
Alexander the Great...he was 'bad to bone'.

spike

That would be idiotic. Pedos don't pass the "consenting adults" test.

Even if they're from a church.

I know conservatives like that crap but that's child abuse.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
So glad some people pay attention to the way this shit functions.

WHat's that old saying....give 'em an inch...

spike

So glad some people pay attention to the way this shit functions.

WHat's that old saying....give 'em an inch...

I know right? Let deny freedom to one group of people and sooner or later they'll betaking it from other groups.

ResearchMonkey

That would be idiotic. Pedos don't pass the "consenting adults" test.
And not long ago homosexuality was a clinical mental illness also not passing the consenting adult test.

We we need to revisit the numbers of mental instability and homosexuality. It's so politically incorrect, per the bitches, the queens would scream like murdered little gurls.

Dave

And not long ago homosexuality was a clinical mental illness also not passing the consenting adult test.

We we need to revisit the numbers of mental instability and homosexuality. It's so politically incorrect, per the bitches, the queens would scream like murdered little gurls.

I crown thee King Myopic of OTC.

:bgking:

:horse:

ResearchMonkey

I crown thee King Myopic of OTC.
Hey davie boy, why don't you do some research on the suicides rates for transgenders. Maybe take a look at risky compulsive behavioral patterns as related to HIV and other infections. Open your eyes son; when your sexuality is the center piece of your identity the troubles only stack on from there.

I see you paid attention at sensitivity training. Thanks for the crown anyway.

[bad.img] painolympic.JPG [/bad.img]

spike

Yeah, people used to be retarded.

We we need to revisit the numbers of mental instability and bigotry. Gotta wonder how people could be so blatantly unamerican.

Hey davie boy, why don't you do some research on the suicides rates for transgenders.

Yeah, people who get less rights and are treated unfairly sometimes get depressed.

Soldiers have a high suicide rate too.

Mirlyn

President Obama on Wednesday signed a bill doing away with the ban on gays serving openly in the military,
Using 15 ceremonial pens, Obama repealed the "don't ask, don't tell" law, ...

Except, he did no such thing. Perhaps we should read the bill before we congratulate him.

...and why the hell 15 pens? Would like to know who in "the club" got one...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I just want to know why Congress is, once again, interfering with the military? If htey want a social network to fuck with, start with the White House.

Dave

Hey davie boy, why don't you do some research on the suicides rates for transgenders. Maybe take a look at risky compulsive behavioral patterns as related to HIV and other infections. Open your eyes son; when your sexuality is the center piece of your identity the troubles only stack on from there.

I see you paid attention at sensitivity training. Thanks for the crown anyway.

[bad.img] painolympic.JPG [/bad.img]

:silly:

Altron

This was long overdue. How anyone could so blatantly misconstrue the principles our nation was founded upon as being anything other than equality across race, gender, religion, and sexual orientation is a complete mystery to me.

Altron

The military was not intended to be part of the political process

The military operates under the authority of our government, and is ultimately commanded by the President. The determining factor in selecting who serves in the military should be their capabilities to adequately perform the task assigned to them, not their race/religion/gender/sexual orientation. Thus, someone in the military who is performing the duties associated with their rank should not be disqualified for meaningless reasons unrelated to their job performance.