Drugs???

IDLEchild

Telling people to light up and get frosty in the venting thread inticed me to ask this alluring question.

Anyone ever hit the Mary Jane? or something more serious? Angel hair, PCP or any other brain killer?

Your thoughts on drugs? any comments?

wow. well, i think everyone knows that i smoke my fair share of pot. just to catch a little mellow. it's my thing. i don't drink, i don't smoke cigarettes. thats the only 'drug' i'm into now. back in the day, i tricked myself into thinking that i could smoke anything as long as there was marijuana involved in the cocktail...yeah. thats where i met PCP. had fun trying to quit that. succeded, of course. never touched herione or coke. never shroomed, tripped a handful of times - not my cup of tea...lasts too long. i used to drink like fish, guzzled beer and tequila, favorite bar drink? margarita on the rocks- no salt. but usually i just drank out of the bottle...beer and tequila.
i have no desire to ever do any other drug (besides pot and the occasional imbibing of alcohol) ever again.

Gonz said:
Drugs are for the weak minded.

What no lucid, trippy, happy, go go, bouncy for Gonz?...some would swear by their lucidity and the ability to open the mind...

wow. well, i think everyone knows that i smoke my fair share of pot. just to catch a little mellow

Well the pot today is 10 fold weaker then the pot of the 70s or the prior decades. It is almost normal to smoke pot these days, going as far as to serious consideration of legalizing the stuff for medical use which we all know will be abused to the high heavnes for wrong reasons.

I think I've had this duscussion before, maybe not as this forum....but anyway, I'm a goody two-shoes. I've never tried drugs and have no interest in doing so

CydCharisse said:
I think I've had this duscussion before, maybe not as this forum....but anyway, I'm a goody two-shoes. I've never tried drugs and have no interest in doing so

What, no lucid, trippy, happy, go go, bouncy for CydCharisse?

Buttcrackdivine said:
going as far as to serious consideration of legalizing the stuff for medical use which we all know will be abused to the high heavnes for wrong reasons.

So long as the government get their cut I'm sure that won't be a problem... the only reason they wanna legalise it is because at the moment they don't get anything out of it but they spend plenty trying to stamp it out... think about it... :rolleyes:

the monographs and the labels on the bottles of my combination of prescription medications warn me against mary jane, alcohol, dxm, among others.

i've wanted to try a little sumthin'sumthin, but i'm too freaking scared of how -- or, indeed, if -- it will react with my meds.

Aunty Em said:
So long as the government get their cut I'm sure that won't be a problem... the only reason they wanna legalise it is because at the moment they don't get anything out of it but they spend plenty trying to stamp it out... think about it... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, the government stands to make so much money out this if they play their cards right, along with private buisnesses.

Well I did once get totally plastered while taking anti-depressants... note it was only the once and had to be carried home! That was quite an experience. Plus I've had the side-eefects from tenuate dospan (slimming tablets - amphetamine) - paranoid? You better believe it! And yes I did used to smoke and otherwise ingest pot. :eek:

Aunty Em said:

Actually, the only reason it isn't legal is because there would be no money to make if it were. And it would severly curtail revenues in the alcohol sales...Anybody could grow their own and save mega bucks on their recreational therapy....its just a weed, afterall...

Buttcrackdivine said:
Well the pot today is 10 fold weaker then the pot of the 70s or the prior decades.

Y'know, every time I forget, you remind me of how stupid I must have sounded to grownups when I was a kid. Tell me, how much did you smoke in the 70's, to know the difference?

Buttcrackdivine said:
It is almost normal to smoke pot these days, going as far as to serious consideration of legalizing the stuff for medical use which we all know will be abused to the high heavnes for wrong reasons.

It's been decriminalized in Canada. Even going so far as to be availiable from Gov't farms with a prescription. At a quarter the street cost.

Squiggy said:
Actually, the only reason it isn't legal is because there would be no money to make if it were. And it would severly curtail revenues in the alcohol sales...Anybody could grow their own and save mega bucks on their recreational therapy....its just a weed, afterall...
Maybe in America, but the government over here just loves to tax anything that people like... they'd find a way to make big bucks I can assure you! They'd likely only make it legal to buy it from government shops.

Aunty Em said:
Maybe in America, but the government over here just loves to tax anything that people like... they'd find a way to make big bucks I can assure you! They'd likely only make it legal to buy it from government shops.
america has it's fair share of "sin taxes" too. i'm sure that marijuana would be no different if it is legalized.

Professur said:
Y'know, every time I forget, you remind me of how stupid I must have sounded to grownups when I was a kid. Tell me, how much did you smoke in the 70's, to know the difference?

Heard that fact....i, wasn't alive to know the difference.

Squiggy said:
Anybody could grow their own and save mega bucks on their recreational therapy....its just a weed, afterall...

That may remain illegal even if pot is decriminilized here. The government won't take chances with such activities.

CydCharisse said:

That's me too

actually, the pot today is about 10 times stronger than 20-30 years ago. more concentrated THC in the plants from careful cultivation.

there is actually a ton of money to be made in cultivating cannibis. it is a very renewable crop, easy to grow and, as hemp, has multiple uses. woven into a fabric, its more durable then cotton.

i, personally, dont understand why it isn't legal. makes no sense whatsoever. tobacco and alcohol are far more damaging than pot could ever hope to be. talked to a bunch of co-workers about pot the other day and they mentioned they have never seen an OD from pot, no domestic voilence, no shootings, drastically fewer MVAs while under the influence ( not condoning it, just stating an observation) among other things.

as far as personal drug use, aside from pot and alcohol i used speed a few times in high school but stayed away from everything else.

Buttcrackdivine said:
That may remain illegal even if pot is decriminilized here. The government won't take chances with such activities.

more than likely, it would be like alcohol. you'd be able to cultivate only a certain amount for personal use only.

Back