Drugs???

squall14716 said:
By "drugs" I am referring to drugs illegal in the US and nicotine.

So, it's okay to use a drug you approve of? How solipsistic.

Gonz said:
ok fine, point taken....Illegal drugs are for the weak-minded.

So, if they legalize it, then it's okay with you? What about decriminalization? Would it then be marginally okay? What about in the Netherlands?

Legalizing currently illegal recreational drugs are still for the weak. However, since most drug addicts are stupid, they'll soon die off, thus strengthening the herd & lessening the drain on society as a whole.

Simply-you drug, you die, so what.

done weed and shrooms. wont be doing either again due to a promise to someone but i enjoyed it. my thoughts? i dont see why there are laws on them. if people want to do it for either health or for recreation they should be able to in the privacy of their home just dont force it down others throats

i dont see why there are laws on them. if people want to do it for either health or for recreation they should be able to in the privacy of their home just dont force it down others throats

That's the point, it doesn't remain for health use or recreation or a private affair. It becomes a dangerous addiction that drags down the life of not only the user but his family and friends....

I have heard stories that just shake you up. A mother willing to let the drug dealer rape her 12 year old daughter for a Coke hit is downright inhumane and disgusting.

then shes no mother. any real mother would protect her child. and anyone who would put anything ahead of family should learn to love first. and anyone who does that cant love.

freako104 said:
then shes no mother. any real mother would protect her child. and anyone who would put anything ahead of family should learn to love first. and anyone who does that cant love.

That's just giving a response without a thought put into it. That's the whole point of it..drugs are amazing chemistry fuckers that can send your inhibitions out the window.....that is what is so dangerous about them..the strongest human connections are severed by a daily sniff of the happy powder. If a mother is willing to let her underage daughter get raped then what else is next.

No freako she is a mother whether she likes it or not. She is a real mother. Seing how a inatimate object can be such a killer without any fear of consequence at all is the true terror....humanity stands no chance in front of it..our only defence is to strictly control it.

That's the point, it doesn't remain for health use or recreation or a private affair. It becomes a dangerous addiction that drags down the life of not only the user but his family and friends....
Kind of like alcoholism, huh?

I think we should legalize them, tax them just like we do tobacco and use the tax money for education. It's working with tobacco. I suspect that the incedence of use of hard drugs would only increase marginally.

Just as an aside, you can drink enough at one sitting to kill yourself. you would have to consume roughly six times your body weight of marijuana to do the same. I am not an idiot, and yet people nave been trying to tell me all my life that marijuana is a dangerous drug but alcohol is not.

chcr said:
Kind of like alcoholism, huh?

Just as an aside, you can drink enough at one sitting to kill yourself. you would have to consume roughly six times your body weight of marijuana to do the same. I am not an idiot, and yet people nave been trying to tell me all my life that marijuana is a dangerous drug but alcohol is not.

Yes but the worry is Mary Jane can just be an introduction drug into something more sinister...it should be legalized but watched with a close eye and strict doctrine. That, however, is easier said then done.

Buttcrackdivine said:
Yes but the worry is Mary Jane can just be an introduction drug into something more sinister...it should be legalized but watched with a close eye and strict doctrine. That, however, is easier said then done.
again, just like alcohol.

Yes but the worry is Mary Jane can just be an introduction drug into something more sinister
Been listening to that one longer than you've been alive, I think. It was self-serving bullshit from the beginning.

chcr said:
Been listening to that one longer than you've been alive, I think. It was self-serving bullshit from the beginning.

Yup, been beaten into me through rigerous repetetion.

Buttcrackdivine said:
That's just giving a response without a thought put into it. That's the whole point of it..drugs are amazing chemistry fuckers that can send your inhibitions out the window.....that is what is so dangerous about them..the strongest human connections are severed by a daily sniff of the happy powder. If a mother is willing to let her underage daughter get raped then what else is next.

No freako she is a mother whether she likes it or not. She is a real mother. Seing how a inatimate object can be such a killer without any fear of consequence at all is the true terror....humanity stands no chance in front of it..our only defence is to strictly control it.

think of it this way. drugs,alchol,shit even hormones throw inhibitions out the window. she mothered a child, but a real mother is someone who loves her offspring. same as a father. you can father a child but if your a dead beat asshole your no father. that was my point

You guys are missing a serious point. That they're illegal, regardless of the reason. I read this thread and I see that that point is lost on many of you. Alcohol is legal, pot isn't. That you don't like that reasoning, is no justification to comit a criminal act, is it? So why would you do that? Because of the addiction? The lure? The ego trip?

Alcohol was illegal for a while. Remember what happened? Same thing as pot today. To the point that it was legalized, with restrictions. Does that change that the rumrunners were criminals? Nope. That today's pot heads are criminals? Nope. If pot was legalized today, does that make anyone who used it before less of a criminal? Nope.

If you wanna protest, and lobby for the decriminalization or legalization of pot, go right ahead. Wanna claim that it's not harmful? Well, that's bullshit, but you go right on ahead too. State that it's less harmful and less adictive than alcohol? Maybe your right, maybe your wrong. I'm no doctor. But claim that it's the same as alcohol? No fucking way. One's legal, the other isn't. Using one might mean that you're a moron, a weakwilled fool. Using the other means that you're a criminal.

you may be right. i may be a "criminal" but it's a stupid law. marijuana just has a horrible stigma attached to it. i am not advocating everyone should smoke it, but fighting it is stupid and pointless and causes more harm then good. prohibition was a very profitable time for organized crime. i wonder what the effect was when prohibition was reversed...i'm not sure i want to argue the point that weak willed people use drugs, because they do, but not everyone that smokes a little dope is a moron. at least, i sincerely don't believe myself to be a moron...if i am wrong, well then, i am sure that one of you fine, upstanding individuals will be more than eager to correct me.

tonks said:
you may be right. i may be a "criminal" but it's a stupid law.

Um, there's no may about it. Either you are, or you aren't. And stupid law or not, it's still a law.

tonks said:
marijuana just has a horrible stigma attached to it.

What does that have to do with anything?

tonks said:
i am not advocating everyone should smoke it, but fighting it is stupid and pointless and causes more harm then good.

Hmmm. Care to justify that? Fighting it seems to register criminals and give them criminal records. How is that pointless?

tonks said:
prohibition was a very profitable time for organized crime. i wonder what the effect was when prohibition was reversed...

Non criminals drank. And drank more. And drank in public. And more people abused alcohol. And more people got hurt. And more people got sick. And more people died.

tomks said:
i'm not sure i want to argue the point that weak willed people use drugs, because they do, but not everyone that smokes a little dope is a moron.

Please reread. It was the alcoholics that were the weekwilled morons. The potheads were the criminals.

tonks said:
at least, i sincerely don't believe myself to be a moron...if i am wrong, well then, i am sure that one of you fine, upstanding individuals will be more than eager to correct me.

read above. But I do have to ask, why you wanna be a criminal?

Professur said:
Um, there's no may about it. Either you are, or you aren't. And stupid law or not, it's still a law.

ok, so, i'm a criminal.

Professur said:
What does that have to do with anything?

that is the only reason it is illegal, because of age old ideals.

Professur said:
Hmmm. Care to justify that? Fighting it seems to register criminals and give them criminal records. How is that pointless?

because all it serves to do is clog the prison system and waste tax dollars. if yoy legalized it and taxed the hell out of it, think of the revenue.

Professur said:
Non criminals drank. And drank more. And drank in public. And more people abused alcohol. And more people got hurt. And more people got sick. And more people died.

whether it is legal or illegal this will still occur. perhaps if it is legal, money can be made through taxes for treatment? who knows.

Professur said:
Please reread. It was the alcoholics that were the weekwilled morons. The potheads were the criminals.
oops. sorry.

Professur said:
read above. But I do have to ask, why you wanna be a criminal?
i don't wanna be a criminal...i just wanna smoke a doobie.

Alcohol was illegal for a while. Remember what happened?
Yep. Gangs, violence, shootings in the streets, innocents caught in the crossfire, stop me when some of this starts sounding familiar. Prohibition did no, does not, will not work. I agree, Prof, that it doesn't change what has happened before. People rarely learn from their own mistakes, almost never from the mistakes of others.

tonks: i am not advocating everyone should smoke it, but fighting it is stupid and pointless and causes more harm then good.​

those drug seizure laws. the government has the right to confiscate any and all properties/monies from accused drug dealers. what usually ends up happening is the top drug dealers forfeit cash only and give the government info on other dealers. they usually get to keep all their property. the next dealer does the same and so on down the line till they get to the people at the bottom of the chain. those people have nothing to trade so they are the ones serving life sentences for posseion of relatively small amounts of pot. that and they lose all their possesions (if they have any) to boot.
that is why it is stupid and pointless.

Back