Dubya-isms

MrBishop

Love him or hate him, you must admit that he's got a skill with words that astounds.

The first choice, and a choice that I think will work with the Iranians is diplomacy. And I believe we can accomplish this through diplomacy.
Sun City Center, Florida, May 9, 2006
-- Dubya proposes diplomacy in order to accomplish -- diplomacy

We're honored that the Flying Tomato represented our country, and we want to thank all the dudes and dudesses of the snowboarders who are here.
2006 U.S. Winter Olympic and Paralympic Teams, White House, May 17, 2006 - Duuude!

That's George Washington, the first president, of course. The interesting thing about him is that I read three -- three or four books about him last year. Isn't that interesting?
White House, May 5, 2006 *Why..I never knew that about George Washington :hmm:

Good think no Canadian Pms ever goof up a speach, eh? Oh, wait. Even if they did, who's listening?

Professur said:
Good think no Canadian Pms ever goof up a speach, eh? Oh, wait. Even if they did, who's listening?

Thing is...when he sticks to a written speech, he does..well..OK. When he goes it alone. :shrug:

It's not the errors...its the sheer volume of errors that's interesting.

Chretien : "A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

Here's my favorite - a misunderstanding as opposed to a mis-statement. :D

Chretien said:
"Trucks? It's good! Let them come across the border! We will take all we can get!"
In response to a question about cross-border drug trade, in a news conference in front of Bill Clinton, having misheard a question about "drugs". :rofl:

Professur said:
I was listening to Chretien talk...that was a laugh a minute sometimes :laugh:

"I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein." May 25, 2004

"I want to thank my friend, Senator Bill Frist, for joining us today...He married a Texas girl, I want you to know. Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me." May 27, 2004

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question." October 4, 2000

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country." September 6, 2004

"It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloming to come out of that chamber." April 10, 2002

"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trushworthiness." August 30, 2000

Yes he's a piss poor public speaker.

Can you imagine what a pain in the ass it must be for virtually every single word you speak to be written down or recorded & then studied, laughed at, pondered over? He can have it.

Back