Dust

4 tops and it gets "regular" air canning,guess I need to needs to go with the heavy use maintenace plan.
FYI : It runs 24/7 365

yeah add brown to that from cigarette smoke and you know what my main rig
looks like every 2 weeks. I only blow it out about once every 2 months.
That's with a 100-120 psi air hose though. I don't recommend that method
to everyone. You DO have to know exactly how to do it.

I've got a whole server filtering system, but the damn thing is too loud.
This is in my bedroom, and running 24/7. :nerd:

HomeLAN said:
:shrug: I've seen worse. Hell, I've owned worse. :D
:grinyes:

Go down to the local home center and buy some heater/air conditioning duct filter material. I stick a little pad of it anywhere air comes in. The only thing I ever crack mine open for anymore is upgrades.

I was helping a friend upgrade his machine...he'd bought a new HD and video card. When I got to his place, I cracked open the case and a dust-bunny skin carpet fell out. I wish that i'd had my camera handy. It was a pIII that he'd never opened since buying it.

:eek:

Nixy said:
*wonders how her laptop is inside*

*wonders how to clean it*
Dishwasher. Potscrubber setting.

Might ought to run it through the dryer as well to make sure its good and dry or it might hesitate a little on the startup.

Nixy said:
*wonders how her laptop is inside*

*wonders how to clean it*
i had to do that with my dell a couple of times. the only time i've opened my thinkpad was when i first got it, and i had to take it nearly completely apart to get at minipci and add a different wifi card.

tommyj27 said:
i had to do that with my dell a couple of times. the only time i've opened my thinkpad was when i first got it, and i had to take it nearly completely apart to get at minipci and add a different wifi card.

Wha....? You take out the keyboard. That's it.

iirc, the wrist-rest has to come off as well, and something else. i feel like the service manual had me take off three things to get at the slot. but that was 9mo. ago and I was slightly on edge about having to crack open a brand spanking new $2300 laptop and monkey with the insides.

Back