early returns

well, looks like obama has won a bunch of the less backwards states so far.

given the point spread the projection in ohio is certain to stick. wonder how many other states he'll flip.

yep.

Less backwards? I knew you could be insulting, but ignorant as well?

Less backwards? I knew you could be insulting, but ignorant as well?

yeah. there's a lot of states that fall behind on major indices that broadly measure fitness to participate in a modern economy. for the most part, the red states are less fit for such participation.

hmmmm..... dirt farmers v high-tech.... hmmm, i wonder.

facts is facts ain't no ig_no_rance.

but next time i'll try to be more sensitive in my characterizations, so's nobody gets their feelings hurt.

:sick5:

you know pretty soon cali is going to have all the seat in the house, there are quite aboit of states with only one rep.

yeah. there's a lot of states that fall behind on major indices that broadly measure fitness to participate in a modern economy. for the most part, the red states are less fit for such participation.

hmmmm..... dirt farmers v high-tech.... hmmm, i wonder.

facts is facts ain't no ig_no_rance.

but next time i'll try to be more sensitive in my characterizations, so's nobody gets their feelings hurt.

:sick5:

remember that next time you eat

remember that next time you eat

yeah. i will. i pay good money so all the little people out there will serve me right. i employ them. it's the trickle down of all your sordid republican dreams!!

speaking of which, get back to work.

not me pal. gonna quit my job and lett papa obamma take care of me

I'll have fun spending your money though.

Would you mind pointing out the part where Obama said he'll be taking care of people that quit their jobs.

Seems like you're just making up crap to whine about.

I'll have fun spending your money though.

cool. enjoy the hand out. who want to do the menial shit work you're qualified for, anyway? so please do leech off the rest of us.

Just curious. Have you ever tried to live on welfare? It's not nice. It's not that much money. Anyone content to sit their butt at home and not work just to collect welfare has a pretty pathetic existence.

Just curious. Have you ever tried to live on welfare? It's not nice. It's not that much money. Anyone content to sit their butt at home and not work just to collect welfare has a pretty pathetic existence.

well there are some people that have truly fucked up lives and could use a little help, but there are many that milk the system and have *other* sources of income. the incidence of plasma TVs in what often appears to be section 8 housing is quite surprising, and shows just how far selfishness has spread it's leathery wings in 'merica.

this reminds me of when SnP commented about chicks collecting ADC going through the local drive-through in giant SUVs...

well there are some people that have truly fucked up lives and could use a little help, but there are many that milk the system and have *other* sources of income. the incidence of plasma TVs in what often appears to be section 8 housing is quite surprising, and shows just how far selfishness has spread it's leathery wings in 'merica.

this reminds me of when SnP commented about chicks collecting ADC going through the local drive-through in giant SUVs...

You *really* have a thing for people who own plasma tvs :D

But I totally understand a part of what you're saying .. it's disheartening when you're in the grocery store, planning your meals for the next week and literally counting the money you have to pay for it and the woman in front of you who's wearing enough Hawaiian Heirloom Bracelets to feed a small country is buying shrimp and steak and busting out that EBT card ...

But I can't say that that's the case for all the people on welfare. I know quite a few people, in fact, that really *need* it ... those are the people it's designed for ... but it's the government - nearly every government program has it's loopholes .. and not enough 'security'.

The people that did nothing to contribute to their current economic downturn & are looking for temporary assistance are not the problem. A month or two of foodstamps are not destroying our system. My neighbors are.

Anyone that's been on the public dole for more than 6 montsh are stretching it. Anyone whose minor children are producing the 3rd generation of welfare scum need to be thrown in prison.

Yes, but those folks that are abusing the syste. They have not "quit their jobs and live off the government tit". They are either living with someone who is working (without the welfare folks knowing) or are engaging in illegal means of employment.
My point is that quitting your job to live of the gov't is not glamorous.

Back