Elderly man's body found in Vienna apartment

The people that owned my place sold it, and it was finalized last month. I've met the new guy once. He got us a bigger trash can and I gave him the mortgage papers that had shown up for him in my mailbox. Since then, I havne't seen hide nor hair of him. He didn't want to give me his address or phone number. He has mine. But without an address or a phone number, I have no idea where to go to pay the rent. I called the old landlord and she told me she didn't have contact info for him either, and that she guesses he'd show up when he needs the money to cover the mortgage or something. So we're now a week into October and I still haven't gotten to pay my rent.

Well, me too...but what happens if he all of a sudden gets an eviction notice? then he can always say that he tried to contact the landlord via certifiable routes, you know?

Isn't there someone at the county you can contact?

Yea, contact the asessmant and taxation department and find if there is other property owned by the person. There is a good chance he has a primary residence around. Also if you have a last name look it up in the phone book...

Also, if there is ever an emergency it's important to have your landlord's number...this guy sounds shady.

Just make sure you have the funds immediately avaialble & make him come get 'em.

Back