emo rock and indie rock fans: what's your fav band?

never2muchRAM

tryin to find some new bands to look into

some of my current favorites:
- modest mouse
- ted leo & the pharmacists
- white stripes
- imperial teen
- sleater-kinney
- built to spill
- sunny day real estate
- sprung monkey

anybody else worth checking out?

BlurOfSerenity

thursday....? they're emo, arent they?
i was never good with genres.

i dont listen to much emo, but when i do, i really feel it.
i once heard someone say that emo is, by definition, emotional music. they're full of shit. lol.
(afi is not emo! just because they sang about cereal and relationships and stuff, instead of about government and anarchy and drugz, doesnt mean they werent punk!! grr!)
ummm.
but yeah.
emo.
*cries*

BlurOfSerenity

oh, let me add, that a lot of the emo i know -- really just a few songs by dashboard, saves the day, and thursday -- used to really make me cry, because they reminded me of my old boyfriend, who got me into them. now, i can listen to most of it, but i still cry during thursday... just because it's really good music, but i'll never be able to listen to "nightengale" by saves the day, ever again.

chcr

Too cute for words
Shadowfax said:
i so absolutely have no idea what the two of you are talking about.... what kind of music IS it?!
Thanks, I didn't want to be the only one. :D

Mirlyn

never2muchRAM said:
anybody else worth checking out?

Not sure what your definition of indie is, but the "newer" stuff (the past 3 months) playing here includes Breaking Benjamin, Before Braille, Revis, Soul Coughing (just off the top of my head) and a bunch of local gigs.

chcr

Too cute for words
I used to think indie stood for "independent" until I saw some of it released on major labels or susidiaries.:confuse3:

Mirlyn

chcr said:
I used to think indie stood for "independent" until I saw some of it released on major labels or susidiaries.:confuse3:

Same here. Then you realize everyone ownz everyone else, in one way or another. ;)

never2muchRAM

thursday?
never heard of 'em. lets see. www. kaza... :)

Breaking Benjamin, Before Braille, Revis, saves the day, dashboard... any others?

i'm taking notes.
i am mostly familiar with west coast acts and even at that, its hard to keep up on what's happening way the flock out here in the middle of the pacific. the music scene out here barely has a pulse if its not jawaiian, we really dont know anything about zion but we smoke weed too so we are going to do a bunch of lousy reggae remakes; or it's cheesy gonna make you vomit worse than that first taste of maddog2020 when you thought you were being a cool alchy back in high school love songs!!! i'm sorry. there actually is some great music coming out of hawai'i (jack johnson for instance,) but i am just EXTREMELY disappointed i am going to miss coachella next weekend!!!!

but, um, yeah... thanks:D :headbang:

Mirlyn

looks like you already caught Dashboard Confessional (though they're kinda lite....like Duncan Shiek). All-American Rejects, The Used, Unwritten Law, Course of Nature.....ummmm still thinking....starting to cross over here.

These are some of the bands for the type of music I've gotten into recently, can't you tell? ;)

Mirlyn

....Scarlet Crush, Authority Zero...

* is date-searching his mp3 collection....one song is driving him nuts and he WILL find it