Enough with the f'n (OTC) popups

MrBishop

One of the reasons why I love this place is the lack of banners and popups. Having the "Buy the Deck of cards - Iraq's most wanted" popup ios starting to be a pain. It's linked to here somehow...this is the only window that I have open.

Can we please turf this!!
Thanks

deBish

Re: Enough with the f'n popups

I don't get it. Perhaps you should slow down on the medication Mr Bishop... :D

Nah...I'm telling you. This is my only IE window open, every 3 times that I go back to the home page of OTC, a popup event happens. It's telling me that I can but "Iraq's most wated deck of cards". Small...about 300px square...nice and colourful. Pain the ass.

If it's not from here, let me know and I'll run an antivirus and check my sys for trojens, but if it's from here...fuckin' cut it out already. I HATE POPUPS!!!

I haven't seen it at all, but then I have a pop-up blocker too. I can't imagine it's coming from here though.

Doesn't have to be a virus either. It is possible to run scripts that say "after three windows open this popup". What other sites are you visiting? I thought for awhile as well that OTC was giving me popups but i've seen some inconsistencies that lead me to believe it is something else. Let's see what Fury or Sam have to say.

I had that going as well for a day until I got the latest fileset for Spybot. Its a new hijacker/redirect registry key bug.

i've seen the pop-ups Bish is talking about. only happens on the computer at work. no pop-up stopper there.

Sammy doesn't even like ads on his site (they help pay the bills though) so it ain't us.

Kawaii said:
ARGH! You beat me to it. I suspect it may be some form of popunder or a hidden cookie or something... Mozilla takes care of all that. I haven't seen a popup in the 3 months since i installed it.:D

Neither have I. :D

I've never seen any here, and I don't have a popup blocker. I do run spybot from time to time though.

Isn't it a bit late to be trying to sell the Iraq deck of cards? We've caught almost everyone featured on them now.

bish, i really dont know where they are comming from. all i can do is promise ya its not from OTC or insider hosting. i just hate popups and huge ads on sites, so i wont have them.

Back