Feds: Man Planned to Blow Up Ill. Mall

highwayman

This guy is not the brightest candle on the cake, now he his facing life in prison.

The gene pool is not going to miss this guy...

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061209/D8LT9S680.html
CHICAGO (AP) - A Muslim convert who authorities say talked about waging violent jihad is in custody after federal agents say he tried to make an unusual trade: two stereo speakers for a 9 mm pistol and the grenades he would need to pull off his alleged plot.

After being tipped by an acquaintance of Derrick Shareef, the FBI says it taped the 22-year-old planning to use hand grenades to blow garbage cans into clouds of flying shrapnel in a crowded mall the Friday before Christmas. "This is a warning to those who disbelieve," he allegedly said.

Authorities waited to arrest the man until Wednesday, when they say he tried to make the trade with an undercover agent in a Rockford parking lot.

Shareef was charged Friday with crimes that could send him to prison for the rest of his life.

He was waiting to get into santas lap before he popped the bomb off. The three hour wait allowed enough time to detect him.

Converts always make me a lot more nervous than people born to it. They always seem to feel they've something to prove.

Malls should disappear...not this way I suppose.

you have a more efficient cunning plan, heh? :D

not the ol' sharks with freakin lasers attached? :grinyes:

what ya gonna replace them with though ... whatsits cafe?

(or was that parking lots? :confused: )

Ever heard of Starbuck's?

This guy proved a new low in ignorence of explosives and a lack of imagination...

Good.

Avoid them at all costs & hope the rest join in.

Replace them with old fashioned stores up & down the boulevard. Make ya drive (ride the bus?) to several stops instead of one big headache.

Laser sharks wouldn't sork. Lawyers love malls.

All I can say is ..... it's a piss poor reflection on what your ROTC classes are putting out these days.

ROTC ???

er- return of the conpirator ???

yeah, Gonz - high streets and shops and squares and distinctive regional shops, shop keepers and architechure.

where there is soul rather than ...

ah! cheers.

like the sea / army cadets or something?

I have friends who were in it. Basically they were trained for what branch they were in (Marines, Army, Air Force or Navy) and can reserve a spot in the actual branch of military they were trained in. It is not offered at many schools. Mine did not offer it but other states may offer it(I know New York does)

I know my brother considered going to Sandhurst ... a few years later he was the lead singer in a post-punk band ...

just goes to show i guess.

break 'em down?

shit pay, long hours, over-exposure, under-investment ...

... exposure to danger without proper recourse to adequate support, body armour, provisions, the tools to do the job ... and in the case of Afghanistan .. a prayer and a hope that the U.S.A.F is about, beacuse the RAF are evern more under-funded and stretched ...

Back