Fire Alarm

Since we have a high school and preschool housed in our building, we have to practice walking out calmly every so often.

Don't remind me, one time in my gym class in 8th grade some asshole pulled the alarm in our locker room while many of us were changing (fortunately, I was already dressed for gym class in my shorts and t-shirt, but unfortunately, it was January and freezing cold out), and since they never found out who specifically did it, they gave all us guys a failing grade for the week. :mad:

be warned, we may have a fire drill here at otc. exits are clearly marked and the congregation area is next to the stats page ;)

kuulani said:
Since we have a high school and preschool housed in our building, we have to practice walking out calmly every so often.

Yeah, fire drills are the best :D
I had those in the US...and I was 7....no idea how much trouble it would be to get 25 of those 7 yr old kids out in an orderly way :D

Poor teachers :D

The fire alarms at work went off 4 times two weeks ago, every single time it was because they were working on the elevators.... combined with the tests they performed without warning us, we know completely ignore the alarms, as far as possible with a headache because those things are just so damn loud...

hehehe .. I want to implement a "grab the nearest laptop" policy ... I mean, hell - I've got 21 student iBooks to malama (forgot the English equivalent) ... and it is portable, right?

Hell yeah, Na. If my house catches on fire, I'm grabbing my case at least on the way out the door.

*nods at Miki* .. it's yours ;)

Hello, StateFarm? Yes ... they were all destroyed .. every last one ...

:D

kuulani said:

yeah right, that's just a waste of time, on a real fire/earthquake/etc everybody runs.

We have 'em ocassionally at work and have to evacuate the building. Unfortunately, I'm one of the "captains".

Do you know how much of a dumb-ass you look like wearing an orange safety vest over a fucking tie?

Back