Fired NFL coaches thread

Inkara1

My prediction is that he'll be fired after two or three years. He'll get quite the financial bonanza, but otherwise it's certainly not what I would call an attractive job. Any school that pays its coach $4.5 million a year wants results yesterday.

rrfield

msnbc link said:
ESPN said the deal is for eight years and $32 million, all of it guaranteed.

If he's fired after 2 or 3 years, that's a lot of money to pay someone to not coach.

chcr

Too cute for words
Anyone else notice the anti-Saban signs in the crowd last night? Apparently the LSU faithful are moderately cheesed. :lol:

rrfield

So we have Cardinals, Falcons, Dolphins and Steelers looking for coaches. The Raiders, who knows. Al Davis could fire Art Shell on the eve of training camp for all we know. If the Giants don't win this weekend I'd say Coughlin is gone.

Any predictions on replacements?
My only educated guess is that Pittsburgh hires either Ken Wisenhunt (sp?) or Russ Grimm, both on the current staff.

uneducated guesses/baseless speculation
The Dolphins will try to get a "name" coach (past examples Saban, Jimmy Johnson)
Like it matters who the Cardinals hire, maybe Norm Chow would be a good fit?
The Falcons need a creative offensive mind to make that thing go. Again, Norm Chow? He did a good job with Vince Young this year. Cam Cameron coached Antwaan Randle El in college, scored a ton of points. He is being interviewed by the Cards, but maybe the Falcons would look at him also.

Inkara1

Art getting fired (or resigning, depending on who you ask) pisses me off. I mentioned in my weekly column that comes out today (Friday) that it would be unfair to fire Shell, since no one else could have gotten more wins out of that team. My deadline is 2 p.m. Thursday for Friday's paper. Now I'll have egg on my face.

rrfield

Who's the next sucker to take the Raiders job? I bet it stays vacant for quite some time, just like last year.

Can Al Davis do anything right anymore?

unclehobart

NEW SHOW: Donald Trump holds a reality show to find new coaches!
Rosie O' gets the Raiders... she already has the mouth for it.