First Day

Professur said:
Two days, and she's already whining about overtime.

Fucking kids today.

It's not the extra work that bothers me...it's the trying to get out of the city at 5:30pm...4:30pm would probably be worlds better.

highwayman said:
No kidding, she would freak at the 70 hour weeks I have seen, without the o-t...

I worked 55 hour weeks all last summer...I never had a week under 43 hours I think (and the ones that were that low were 4 day weeks).

Like I said, it's not the work it's the time that I got out and the traffic I had to deal with as a result that bugs me. Last summer I worked here in Brampton so traffic wasn't much of an issue.

You may as well stay till 7 and be a brownnoser, you'll get home at the same time.

In your chosen career, OT will be common & unpaid. Get used to it.

pun ([FONT=verdana,sans-serif] P [/FONT]) Pronunciation Key (p
ubreve.gif
n)
n. A play on words, sometimes on different senses of the same word and sometimes on the similar sense or sound of different words.

Leslie said:
You may as well stay till 7 and be a brownnoser, you'll get home at the same time.

No, it was one hour from door to door. I was home by 6:30pm. But, getting onto a main street in Toronto from the street where the parking garage is gets to be a pain in the butt at that time. I think I have a better route that involves only one left today and it's at a 4-way stop instead of an unsignalized intersection...we'll see what happens. Hopefully I'll get home and NOT have a headache from traffic today. A lot of it is getting used to the crazy Toronto drivers...the highways to Hamilton are NOTHING like Toronto in terms of how people drive.

highwayman said:
No kidding, she would freak at the 70 hour weeks I have seen, without the o-t pay...

I worked a 72-hour week for 4 months straight...No o-t...no booze...no sex...can somebody please explain to me why I like this so much???

Professur said:
Because they let you shoot people, and blow things up

throw an italic in there somewhere.

"Either you surrender now, and let us beat you up a bit..but not too much because we're against senseless violence...or we can start shooting again..."

Gato_Solo said:
"Either you surrender now, and let us beat you up a bit..but not too much because we're against senseless violence...or we can start shooting again..."

The new slogan for the United States.

Gato_Solo said:
I worked a 72-hour week for 4 months straight...No o-t...no booze...no sex...can somebody please explain to me why I like this so much???

Your a glutton for punishment, the sex part I can get over but no booze!!! I need a cold one once in a while...

I have found the sweet spot in terms of routes in Toronto. Such a fabulous drive home. Such a fabulous day in general. Went on site to learn about half cell potential to check for corrosion of the rebar in parking garages and then after lunch and some little tasks around the office went on site to do a surprise inspection of window installation in an apartment building. Tomorrow I'm going onsite for a bit to do a performance audit on a new building and then onto another site for a window installation lesson.

highwayman said:
Your a glutton for punishment, the sex part I can get over but no booze!!! I need a cold one once in a while...

Military man in a non-friendly environ leaves Jack a dull boy.

Back