Florida representative Allen: Fear made me offer sex

spike

Florida representative Allen: Fear made me offer sex

Fear of the "pretty stocky black guy" who turned out to be an undercover cop made Florida state representative Bob Allen perform the actions that led to a charge of solicitation to commit prostitution, Allen told police in documents aired by the Orlando Sentinel.

Allen was arrested July 11 in a Titusville, Fla., public park restroom after he offered the officer $20 to let him perform oral sex, police said.

The charge, a second-degree misdemeanor, is punishable by a year in county jail and a $500 fine. Allen says he is innocent and that he will not resign from the legislature. He did resign late last month from the board of the Girls and Boys Town of Central Florida, cable TV station Central Florida News 13 reported.

He is scheduled to be arraigned August 23.

In a taped statement and other documents released last week, Allen, 48, told police that he was intimidated into offering sex.

"I certainly wasn't there to have sex with anybody and certainly wasn't there to exchange money for it," the Sentinel quoted him as saying.

Rather, he said, "this was a pretty stocky black guy, and there was nothing but other black guys around in the park," Allen said. He said he feared he "was about to be a statistic."

Titusville police told the Sentinel that they were investigating a nearby condo burglary when they saw a disheveled, unshaved man enter and leave the park restroom three times. They decided to send in Officer Danny Kavanaugh.

In a statement Kavanaugh said he was drying his hands in a stall when Allen peered—twice—over the stall door, then joined Kavanaugh inside.

"This is kind of a public place, isn't it?" Kavanaugh quoted Allen as saying, according to the Sentinel. Allen then suggested "going across the bridge; it's quieter over there."

When Allen was loaded into the patrol car, the statement said, he asked if "it would help" that he was a state legislator.

"No," the officer said.

Soon after taking office in 2001, Allen was one of 21 Florida legislators to sign Gov. Jeb Bush's friend-of-the-court brief supporting the state's ban on gays adopting children.

In March he cosponsored an unsuccessful bill that would have enhanced penalties for "offenses involving unnatural and lascivious acts," such as indecent exposure. (Barbara Wilcox, The Advocate)

http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid47894.asp

:rofl3:

On a related note there's another guy making news.

The chairman of the Clark County Republican Party, who last month was elected president of the Young Republican National Federation, has resigned both posts, apparently in the wake of a criminal investigation.

On Tuesday, Glenn Murphy Jr. e-mailed media a letter announcing his resignation from both positions, citing an unexpected business opportunity that would prohibit him from holding a partisan political office.

However, on Friday the Clark County Sheriff’s Department began investigating Murphy for alleged criminal deviate conduct — potentially a class B felony — after speaking with a 22-year-old man who claims that on July 31, Murphy performed an unwanted sex act on him while the man slept in a relative’s Jeffersonville home.

Murphy, a 33-year-old Utica resident, has not been arrested nor has he been charged with a crime. Such police reports are generally confidential, but a copy of it has been posted on a politically focused Internet site and another was provided to a reporter with The Evening News and The Tribune on Tuesday evening.

Larry Wilder, Murphy’s attorney, said Murphy is cooperating with police and Prosecutor Steve Stewart. Wilder said Murphy contends the sex act was consensual.

http://www.news-tribune.net/breakingnews/local_story_219210228.html

Whats the big deal here? Most of politics these days is about sucking black cock in the legislature and paying for it anway. This was at least a one on one in private.

Oh yeah when Clinton gets a bj my god impeach the dangerous nut, but if some republican closeted gay gets freaky or something....Well no big deal huh?

Since you're posting the same thing over and over, so will I...

Inkara1 said:
Dude... not that many people give a shit if anyone bobbed Clinton's knob in the oval office or not. The issue is that he was in the middle of a sexual harassment lawsuit, the plantiff's counsel brought Lewinsky up to establish a pattern of behavior and Clinton lied about it under oath. That's perjury... which does, in fact, fall under the umbrella of "high crimes and misdemeanors."

And so soliciting and sexual misconduct aren't important crimes? Oh wait I forgot.....Laws don't apply to conservatives.

Is Bob Allen a Republican? The story in the original post never identified a party. The other guy, if he committed a crime then he should do the time regardless of party.

You DO realize unc was being facetious... right?

Yes, Bob Allen is a Republican. Republicans are becoming as infamous as catholic priests for being in the closet.

Is Bob Allen a Republican? The story in the original post never identified a party. The other guy, if he committed a crime then he should do the time regardless of party.

You DO realize unc was being facetious... right?
I was actually being a bit serious... in a mixed metaphor sorta way.

Yeah, fine, he lied, but tell me this other stuff is ok since its republicans then?

If you notice....typically, when a (R) getrs caught with his pants down, so to speak, he's demoted out outright fired (resignation applies here). The right has less tolerance for this bullshit.

When the left gets caught they claim it's their personal life & we should butt out.

If you notice....typically, when a (R) getrs caught with his pants down, so to speak, he's demoted out outright fired (resignation applies here). The right has less tolerance for this bullshit.

When the left gets caught they claim it's their personal life & we should butt out.

Mr. Allen seems to be proving your BS theory wrong. Not that it took much.

Everywhere you look there's another anti-gay homosexual Republican these days.

With his mug shot making the media rounds, Idaho's senior Republican senator, Larry Craig, is struggling to hold onto his seat on Capitol Hill.

If Craig returns to Washington, he'll face an ethics investigation launched by leaders of his own party. The right-wing blogosphere is clamoring for his resignation. And less than 24 hours ago, he faced the cameras in an attempt to explain his guilty plea in a case that followed a lewd conduct investigation.

With his wife by his side, Craig said: "Let me be clear: I am not gay, I have never been gay."

It's a striking statement from the U.S. senator, who was the subject of a police sting set up in response to complaints of sexual activity in a men's room at a Minnesota airport.

"I did nothing wrong at the Minneapolis airport," said Craig. "I regret my decision to plead guilty and the sadness that decision has brought to my wife, family, friends, staff and fellow Idahoans. And for that, I apologize."

The arresting airport office has a different story. Working undercover, Sgt. Dave Karsnia said Craig entered a stall next to him, then tapped his foot and rubbed it against the officer's, a signal, police say, to engage in "lewd conduct."

"While I was not involved in any inappropriate conduct at the Minneapolis airport or anywhere else, I chose to plead guilty to a lesser charge in the hope of making it go away."

Craig now says the guilty plea was a mistake, painting quite a different portrait than he did just three weeks ago in court documents in which he stated "I'm pleading guilty" to "physical" conduct that tended "to arouse alarm." He entered that plea "freely and voluntarily."

Craig pleaded guilty to those disorderly conduct charges without an attorney.

"I should not have kept this arrest to myself, and should have told my family and my friends about it. I wasn't eager to share this failure, but I should have anyway because I am not gay," a contrite Craig said Tuesday.

Craig blames the situation on pressure from an investigation by his hometown newspaper, which ran a front page story outlining three additional alleged sexual encounters.

In a written statement Tuesday, Republican leaders had no words of support for their colleague in the Senate. Rather, they called for an ethics committee to review Craig's guilty plea and are "examining other aspects of the case to see if additional action is required."

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3536281&page=1

Just blame the media. He wasn't guilty of that crime, he was just lying under oath. :laugh:

Back