Florida representative Allen: Fear made me offer sex

'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Leviticus was a nut. You really want to get me started on him?

He thought women were dirty and sinful after childbirth:

12:4 And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days; she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled.

12:5 But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days.

12:6 And when the days of her purifying are fulfilled, for a son, or for a daughter, she shall bring a lamb of the first year for a burnt offering, and a young pigeon, or dove,
for a sin offering, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, unto the priest:

12:7 Who shall offer it before the LORD, and make an atonement for her; and she shall be cleansed from the issue of her blood. This is the law for her that hath born a male or a female.

12:8 And if she be not able to bring a lamb, then she shall bring two turtles, or two young pigeons; the one for the burnt offering, and the other for a sin offering: and the priest shall make an atonement for her, and she shall be clean.

Now go ahead and tell me when you became a bible thumper, how often you go to church, and especially that you follow all of Leviticus' rules (that one is going to be fun) or give up this BS line.

The only ones spreading hate around here are you two libs.

I'd like to see some examples of me spreading hate. However you're proposing killing homosexuals.

dude every &%*$# culture on the planet has traditional prohibitions relating to menses.

stop pickin' on 'viticus.

or i'll sick jebus on you. :D

OK, so let's assume that teaching children that homosexuality is evil, does not promote hatred.

Are we then saying that there is no reason to hate what is evil?

Is the stance then, to embrace evil?

Sometimes the logic, or lack thereof is amazing!

I don't see how. If teaching children that something is evil is not promoting hatred, then what exactly does it promote?

A seperation.

A moral.

It shows that not all things are equal.

It teaches them to discriminate (I chose that word special for you) between actions.

Tell me, do you teach (will you) your children that the Nazis were evil or will you tell them that "they had a different culture & we had no place interfering with it"?

Yeah, what Tom and Steve do in the privacy of their bedroom is somehow your business? Who the hell are you to make a judgement on it? What they do in the privacy of their home hurts you how?!? So we need to stamp out homosexuality do we? I thought you were in favor of legislation and government staying out of our personal business? I suppose homosexuality is just so sick and wrong and distasteful to you, even though it doesn't personally effect you at all, and is in fact, none of your damn business, well then it's ok for goverment to intrude, and make descriminatory legislation, because it's wrong huh?

Man, you make some serious accusations there. All wrong, though they may be.

OK, so let's assume that teaching children that homosexuality is evil, does not promote hatred.

Are we then saying that there is no reason to hate what is evil?

Is the stance then, to embrace evil?

Sometimes the logic, or lack thereof is amazing!

no, and no
Not in my Belief.
"Hate" is a much more strong word than you seem to give it credit.
The book I go by says it is an "Abomination".
Look at it like a father and son. The father doesn't like what the son does sometimes,
but he still loves the son to a certain degree.

Then if Love is lost, still it doesn't have to be "Hate".
Hate has to do with hostility for the most part. That requires action Toward....
I prefer to adamantly dislike, and stay away from.

The quote from Leviticus you used advocates killing homosexuals. Do you agree with the quote or did you bring it up because you don't agree with it?

I brought it up in response to whatever you wrote.

let's use small words so you understand

You quoted someone with
The bible says that homosexuality is wrong.
then you followed up with
No, it doesn't really. See previous debates with Gotholic.
That's when I quote you saying
No, it doesn't really. See previous debates with Gotholic.
So I found the passage from the bible to disprove your quote.

Get on with it.

I'll make it simple so you to can understand. Your quote:

Not necessaritly. Acting on that belief would be. The bible says that homosexuality is wrong. It doesn't say shit about Jews.

You insinuated that because of the Bible that homosexuality is wrong or at the least it justifies discrimination against homosexuals.

Maybe you didn't mean to insinuate that. My question is simple though.

Do you or do you not believe that the quote you used should be viewed as something people should follow?

Back