Flushing toilets

Jeslek

Banned
If toilets above the equator flush counter-clockwise and toilets below the equator flush clockwise. Then what happens on the equator? :)

No, wait, I know. The water explodes upwards out of the bog in a giant fountain of shit and piss (which is why people that live near the equator always smell so bad).

ipmoof said:
No, wait, I know. The water explodes upwards out of the bog in a giant fountain of shit and piss (which is why people that live near the equator always smell so bad).
I didnt know the French were on the equator?...

Well, duh!

Of course they are. How else can you explain why their bread grows so long and thin?! It is due to the effect of gravity being less around the equator.

:confuse2: When I was in South America, I noticed that it depended upon the time of year. The equator is not as fixed as you'd like to believe. The planet we live on has a rather pronounced 'wobble', and, because of that, the toilets flush clockwise, or counterclockwise, depending upon the season... :confuse2:

I can honestly say that I never thought about which way the toilet flushed, or noticed it for that matter. For that I am just a tad proud.

I once had someone in Austrailia whom I was talking to on ICQ check his toilet.

Unfortunately I do not remember the result :(

I can honestly say that I never thought about which way the toilet flushed, or noticed it for that matter. For that I am just a tad proud.

so long as it goes down....

Last Legionary said:
If toilets above the equator flush counter-clockwise and toilets below the equator flush clockwise. Then what happens on the equator? :)
That's a myth. The tiny rotational inertia caused by which hemisphere a toilet is located in is completely lost in the irregularities of the bowl, water velocity, ground vibration, etc.

The direction is caused by which way the water outlets are pointed. ;)

Of course, I suppose you were just making a joke, in which case you can slap me at will. :D

the water has a natural flow, even if you force it to go the other way, it will slowly change the direction.

Do the experiment in the shower or in the bath-tub

outside looking in said:
Last Legionary said:
That's a myth. The tiny rotational inertia caused by which hemisphere a toilet is located in is completely lost in the irregularities of the bowl, water velocity, ground vibration, etc.

The direction is caused by which way the water outlets are pointed. ;)

Of course, I suppose you were just making a joke, in which case you can slap me at will. :D

Whoa ... you sound exactly like my bestest friend, he's a vault of useless info :D

My dad was called a "walking encyclopedia of useless information" by a college professor. Perhaps it rubbed off a bit. :)

And Luis... it's a myth. ;)

Back