Football

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
Why is it, whenever they show a factoid, in the next play or two, it fails ( Vanderjagt hasn't missed a FG attempt all year, so says the network sports gursus...he misses)
It doesn't happen every time, not even close. Those are just the ones you remember. If I say, "He never misses" and he doesn't, you shrug and forget it. If I say it and he does, you remember that. I kept track for two years once after hearing that (I know I'm a geek, you don't have to say it) and it turns out that 94% of the time the statement would be correct.

Not looking good for "Da Bears" so far.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Geek. ;)

So, does the official (TV commentators & newspaper journalists) Peyton can't win the big one start now, or after the SuperBowl? (Yes, Tonks, I know the unofficial one already started :D )

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
Geek. ;)

So, does the official (TV commentators & newspaper journalists) Peyton can't win the big one start now, or after the SuperBowl? (Yes, Tonks, I know the unofficial one already started :D )

It stopped?

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
Just once would have been nice. come on guys maybe next year.
Still 14-3 not shabby for peyton.

Inkara1

Well, considering that Tennessee won the national championship the year after Peyton left, with a worse team... considering that Indy has exactly zero Super Bowl appearances (and, in fact, I don't think they've even been to the AFC championship game)...

chcr

Too cute for words
samcurry said:
Just once would have been nice. come on guys maybe next year.
Still 14-3 not shabby for peyton.
I wrote 'em off when Tony Dungy's son died. They were far and away the best team in the league up until that. I think you can expect better next year.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Better? 13-0 is about as good as they get. All the key positions are filled & the others have quality starters. When a perfect kicker can't come close to a 40ish yarder, it's fate. When the opposing team hands them the ball & they fail to win...it's fate. When the officials think it's a forward pass attempt...oops, sorry, that's my team...thinks the interception is no good because the players own knee knocks it lose & still you can't win, it's fate.

When Dan Marino, Warren Moon & Randall Cunningham, who were the team can't get one, Peyton doesn't deserve one.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
SouthernN'Proud said:
And go they did, sadly.

I can handle them losing...hell, I was shocked they made the playoffs at all. But the way they lost sucks wind. If not for a ten minute stretch in the first quarter when they needed the Jaws of Life to get their heads out of their bums, might have been different.

Oh well. Now I can get busy rooting against the Colts, Pats, Panthers, and/or 'Skins.

:D Time for the Terrible Towel to rise again. :D

Inkara1

Inkara1 said:
Well, considering that Tennessee won the national championship the year after Peyton left, with a worse team... considering that Indy has exactly zero Super Bowl appearances (and, in fact, I don't think they've even been to the AFC championship game)...
Oddly enough, I posted this even before I saw video of Manning with this stupid crap about "protection issues" (translation: don't blame me, my O-line sucked today). Not a good idea to piss off the people who protect you from blindside hits, since next preseason, one of them might "miss" an assignment and... oopsie, looks like we need a new Timmy!

tonksy

I don't know why you people are so surprised about the inevitable failure by the Colts when I've told you about the countless Peyton Manning voodoo dolls and various and sundry hexes and curses I have cast upon them :shrug:

woodman19_99

I think I am going to be in depression this whole week cause of the loss to the Broncos. That was so uncharacteristic of the Pats to cough up thos turnovers. All though, I must say, I REALLY enjoyed seeing Champ Bailey get drilled by Watson. That almost made the game worthwhile...