FOR PITY'S SAKE...HELP ME!!

tonksy

MY FRIGGING CD PLAYER THING IS STUCK ON TAPE AND I CAN'T FIX IT! STUCK ON FUCKING TAPE! STUCK ON CD I COULD DEAL WITH. STUCK ON RADIO WOULD BE GREAT, BUT STUCK ON TAPE? FUCK ME, WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WITH A $400 FUCKING TAPE PLAYER IN 2003? MY GOD, I HATE ELECTRONIC CONTRAPTIONS. SOMEBODY MUST KNOW WHAT TO DO.....PLEASE?

I suppose you've tried all the obvious - unplugging it, plug it back in, hit all the buttons, kick it?

*hugs*

tonks said:
MY FRIGGING CD PLAYER THING IS STUCK ON TAPE AND I CAN'T FIX IT! STUCK ON FUCKING TAPE! STUCK ON CD I COULD DEAL WITH. STUCK ON RADIO WOULD BE GREAT, BUT STUCK ON TAPE? FUCK ME, WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WITH A $400 FUCKING TAPE PLAYER IN 2003? MY GOD, I HATE ELECTRONIC CONTRAPTIONS. SOMEBODY MUST KNOW WHAT TO DO.....PLEASE?

How can a CD player be stuck on tape? My CD player does not even have a "tape" option, nor have I ever seen one that did.

My assumption is that you have one of those units that is an "all in one" ie. it has a reciever, tape deck, and cd player in a single component.

Here is what you do. Unplug everything, pull it off of the shelf its sitting on. Throw it in the trash. Go to the store, and get a proper reciever (minimum yamaha-dont get sony or any of the popular brands like pioneer). Then buy a DVD player. Bring them home and hook them up. With a little know how youve now got a home theater system, DVD player, CD player, and improved radio reciever.

Or, do like I do, and hook up a good set of speakers to your computer. With a proper monitor (or tv connections if you have a kickass tv) you can have stereo, television, cd, dvd, satellite radio (spinner.com or equivalent), local radio stations, etc all through the computer. :D

Rose said:
Or, do like I do, and hook up a good set of speakers to your computer. With a proper monitor (or tv connections if you have a kickass tv) you can have stereo, television, cd, dvd, satellite radio (spinner.com or equivalent), local radio stations, etc all through the computer. :D
um, rose? i've had a computer for like 2 months and i am the most computer savvy person i see on a regular basis....i have pulled out my clock radio until my senses return to me and i won't drop kick the expensive ass tape player my folks gave me.

:eek: Oh no, not a drop kick. That won't do anyway - unless you have steel toed boots. That'll just hurt otherwise. :D

I take it there's no warranty on the radio in question? No reciept that you might be able to take it back to the store? :(

Rose said:
:eek: Oh no, not a drop kick. That won't do anyway - unless you have steel toed boots. That'll just hurt otherwise. :D

I take it there's no warranty on the radio in question? No reciept that you might be able to take it back to the store? :(
naw, my step dad bought it and never used it, gave it to me....wow, about 6 yrs ago...hmmm...but its been very lightly used...wow, i didn't realize it was that old...shit should still work, though...

If you're up to it, open it and see if the button is stuck down, mifgt be as simple as blowing some compressed air into it or wd40 to loosen it. Electronic buttons that the elements have corrupted can get kinda flaky. If its not and you can verify the button moves properly might be an electronic problem such as a damaged ic or short.

tonks, can you post some info? Is this a boombox? What is the brand and model, etc? Does it have a mechanical or electronic switch, all like that there. It will be easier to diagnose the problem if we know more about your unit.

um, ok. its a boombox thing with detachable speakers, ya know? its a jvc and it's model #pc xc30. electric switch, i'm sure....it's a 6 cd, dual cassette thing.

i think we used to have one of those, what a POS. it ate a bunch of my cds and wouldn't shut off. the cd trays would just shuffle around forever and never play.

tommyj27 said:
i think we used to have one of those, what a POS. it ate a bunch of my cds and wouldn't shut off. the cd trays would just shuffle around forever and never play.
i have never, ever, ever had any trouble with it before today.
WHY GOD? WHY? WHY IS EVERYTHING THING I OWN CRAP???
sorry for the outburst.

Kinda busy ATM, tonks. Let me see what I can find out when I get home. Have you gone to JVC's site and see if they offer any support?

chcr said:
Kinda busy ATM, tonks. Let me see what I can find out when I get home. Have you gone to JVC's site and see if they offer any support?
um..no...and duct tape didn't work either...i'll try hitting it with a hammer, maybe....but i'll wait....

looks like it. i am currently leaving it unplugged for 10 mins, i didn't leave it unplugged that long last time. i'll let you know. thanks again.

Back