for rpgers and larpers

freako104

whats your favourite rpg? favourite system? mine is white-wolf followed by the original deadlands and then the d20(depending upon the game). and does anyone here do any kind of LARP? ive been invited to cons and to AMTGARD which is a larp close to my campus but ive been stickign with pen/paper rpgs which my friends sometimes run on campus

um.. Fave CRPG: Baulders Gate :)

But other than that in real life, only played ones that were basically made up on the spot :)

</dork>

Neverwinter Nights. Its still choppy/buggy.. but has unlimited potential. The level restrictor needs to be cast off though. Its utterly annoying.

I always loved the old Iron Crown Enterprises pen and paper RPG from the early 80s which had extreme detail within a Middle Earth enviornment.

If you are going to get Diablo II, plan on getting the Expansion set at the same time. It's a really good game with the expansion, so so without.

PuterTutor said:
If you are going to get Diablo II, plan on getting the Expansion set at the same time. It's a really good game with the expansion, so so without.

I'm getting the Battle Chest from newegg. It has D1, D2, D2X, and some guides. It's like $30 for the whole chest, and like $20 for just D2 (not including expansion) at Bestbuy.

NWN rocks!! Forgot about that!

What about RPG that weren't that hot??

Anyone played Dungeon Siege?? Definitally not worth the $$ spent on it :mad:

And IceWindDale? Personally I didn't like it, and didn't bother with the sequal :(

The closest to RPG that i like is Zelda and GTA3. Other than that i hate RPG games.

I got the demo for Dungeon Seige and wasn't impressed in the least with it. I'm not sure if it would classify as a true RPG, but I'm currently playing Americas Army, Operations. You do build your character a little, but it's just good wholesome fun. (killing)

Altron said:
I'm getting the Battle Chest from newegg. It has D1, D2, D2X, and some guides. It's like $30 for the whole chest, and like $20 for just D2 (not including expansion) at Bestbuy.

That's a pretty good deal. I think I paid 30 a piece for D2 and D2 expansion. I played that game almost exclusively for about 5 months. Wasn't too impressed with the online play, servers seem too laggy to really be effective, but single player or LAN play is pretty cool.

I like table-top gaming. I've run a game in the Forgotten Realms off and on for the past several years. Haven't played much in the last 10 months, though.

I've also played a lot of CRPGs: the old SSI AD&D games, Menzoberranzan, Ravenloft, Wake of the Ravager, Balder's Gate 1 & 2...

I draw the line at LARP... got to have some standards.

PnP only played 1st edition D&D. CRPG, all the Baldur's Gate series and Icewind Dale. Still can't play NWN :( . Arggh I need a new video card! :yell:

does anyone play Final Fantasy games or am i the only one on this site who does? as far as diablo II i hear its better than the first. unc about Iron Crown Enterprises is it out of print?

i've got one of the final fantasy games for the playstation. think its VII.

i stopped playing it for awhile and when i picked it back up, i forgot where i was in the story. wandering aimlessly trying to find the story thread.

Back