For S'n'P: another year, another KISS snub

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Geez, I just read a partial list of bands that aren't in the Hall of Fame, these are the ones pissing me off...

That list seems a bit off. Priest was inducted last year & I believe Metallica is in (or will be upon 25 years)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Worst, and funniest lineup ever...

Phoenix, which is notorious for being hard on opening acts had, in the late 70s or very early 80s, had a Black Sabbath show...opened by the Ramones.

spike

Metal, not punk.

Don't mean to split hairs but Motorhead gets described as "blending of punk rock's speed and attitude with more traditional heavy metal" and Suicidal tendencies as "Sometimes regarded as the progenitors of skate punk, they later incorporated significant heavy metal, thrash metal, and even funk and hip hop elements into their sound".

They both kinda bridged genres.

If so, please see how long it takes to PROPERLY play one of their later, "commercial" songs on acoustic for me.

I never said they weren't talented and you're right about their marketing innovation. Sure, they should be in the Rock Hall.

spike

That list seems a bit off. Priest was inducted last year & I believe Metallica is in (or will be upon 25 years)

Here's 2005 and 2006

Buddy Guy (1936 - )
The O'Jays
The Pretenders (formed 1978)
Percy Sledge (1941 - )
U2 (formed 1976)

Black Sabbath
Blondie (formed 1974; disbanded 1982)
Miles Davis (1926 - 1991)
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Sex Pistols (formed 1975; they declined, but were still inducted)

Full list
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductees_of_the_Rock_and_Roll_Hall_of_Fame

I don't see Judas Priest and Metallica is not currently in but you could be right about the 25 year intention.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I too hate to split hairs, but...

I never said they weren't talented

Grandmaster Flash was a pioneer in music. KISS were pioneers in costumes.

you sure don't mind implying it.

K, I'm done. Far as I know, nobody in here is on the voting board of the Hall. Lemme know if you find someone who is though. Have podium will travel.