For the electronic crowd...

HeXp£Øi±

A few must haves although they aren't necessarily new.

Kruder and Dorfmeister- 'DJ Kicks'(Groovy)

Orbital and the Sneaker pimps remix of 'Spin Spin Sugar'

CJ Bolland- 'People of the Universe'(Awesome!!)

HeXp£Øi±

If anyone really likes these maybe that means we have similear tastes so share a few of your favorites. I'm always looking for new stuff.

ris

i'm currently listening to insomnia 4 which i bought from cyberdog in bristol. nice hardcore techno beats for those slow work days.

HeXp£Øi±

ris said:
i'm currently listening to insomnia 4 which i bought from cyberdog in bristol. nice hardcore techno beats for those slow work days.

Is that the name of the band or is it mix? What's the 4?

ris

its the fourth of the insomnia mix live cd's, i'm not sure how available they are. it's a 2 cd set with each disk a mix set from different dj's.

IDLEchild

Electrostatic - Awake alone..amazing album

prodigy - fat of the land...(brilliant album)

Overseer - anything by him

Ikarus - Very middle eastern and Indian beats with techno..great stuff.

actually anything by all of these artists

HeXp£Øi±

Alright Buttcrack, i now believe you're not LL/Jeslak. He didn't know squat about electronic music.

Sorry.

IDLEchild

HeXp£Øi± said:
Alright Buttcrack, i now believe you're not LL/Jeslak. He didn't know squat about electronic music.

Sorry.

Swweeet....
try www.mp3.com haven for techno fans....i recommend the sub genre of breakbeats..i have found the best artists there.

also....

....chemical brothers (found through sheer luck)
groove armada (a recommendation)
Juno reactor (friend recommended..try "masters of universe")
Crystal method (another lucky find)
Moby (porcielan is amazing)
Rob D ( try "clubbed to death")
Paul Oakenfold (who doesn't know him but in case try "ready steady go")

CydCharisse

albums to check out:

Nine Inch Nails- The Down Spiral and then The Fragile (don't reserve them ;) )
Placebo-Without you I'm Nothing
Days of the New- Yellow
Nirvana- In Utero
12 Rounds- My Big Hero
Kidney Thieves- Zerospace

pc_builder

Yeah Baby! Mp3.com rocks for techno. I don't have a collection now. My hdd with my music went boom. Now I have to rebuild (my collection).

ris

while i have very little of their stuff i have heard very good things about lunatic calm's metropol, especially if you like crystal method.

Arris

HeXp£Øi± said:
Kruder and Dorfmeister- 'DJ Kicks'(Groovy)

Kruder and Dorfmeister -The K&D Sessions - Awesome chill out tracks. Gotta have this double album!!!!

Breakbeat Era - Album of collaborations with Roni Size

David Holmes - This Film's Crap let's slash the seats : Very eerie ambient tunes. Especially "Gone (Kruder & Dorfmeister Sessions) - (featuring Sarah Cracknell)"

IDLEchild

ris said:
while i have very little of their stuff i have heard very good things about lunatic calm's metropol, especially if you like crystal method.

I have their one song called "rollercoaster" nice song..used in The matrix and Spiderman.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
ris said:
TCM is awesome, one of the best american groups IMHO, they put on a great live show too.

I'm going to have to go through this thread and obtain some of these, Oakenfold has lost a lot of my respect as I realize how much credit he gets/takes for other people's work.

a couple good ones:
[song] Ferry Corsten - Out of the blue
[song]Children (can't remember the artist)
[artist] Delerium has some great stuff.
[album] Dave Ralph: Transport II // Departures, I've never seen this album in stores before but i picked up an advance copy at a secondhand shop a couple years ago.

AlphaTroll

I'm not sure about the classifications of the people I like, so here's my list of faves (dj's / albums)

Carl Cox (yup, still like the bugger)
Paul van Dyk
Morcheeba (I love the Charango cd)
Ibizarre (the collections - very trancy / ambient)
Acid Jazz Test (it's a collection with some of the finest acid jazz on)
St Germain (some more acid jazz & chill out music)
Hard House Anthems - I like it because it has a bit of a variety, I get bored with individual dj's very quickly. The discs include stuff my Paul Oakenfolad, Tiesto and a bunch of other people (I never look at the covers when I buy the stuff)
And a bunch of local dj's like Dizzy, Surge, Spirro, Kate etc.

Tommy - are you talking about the Robert Miles song 'Children'?

Kawaii

Check out Dj Mystik. Recommended songs are Unchained Melody and Moonlight Shadow - Techno Remix.

electric_mind

Oakenfold / Fatboy Slim / Pete Tong - Essential Millenium: great triple cd, I was addicted to it for quite some time.
Paul Oakenfold - Tranceport: my current favorite... the Lost Tribe track is GREAT.
Paul Oakenfold - Resident: Includes Children by Robert Miles
St. Germain - Tourist: chill out, night of pleasure, you name it
:D