Foreign Films?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
unclehobart said:
Subtitled. I can't stand dubs. It makes everything look like a bad martial arts movie.

I actually like bad martial arts movies...:p

unc said:
Seven Samurai and the like are my bread and butter. Haven't seen too many modern foreign films outside of some mainstream English ones.

The only thing that was bad about the Seven Samurai was the use of muskets...

unclehobart

Why? The tinkertoy muskets they were using were introduced by the Portuguese in 1543. They did exist for the period the movie was set.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
unclehobart said:
Why? The tinkertoy muskets they were using were introduced by the Portuguese in 1543. They did exist for the period the movie was set.

True, but I didn't like them. :shrug: They kinda took away from the flow...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
mondomondo said:
I dislike when DVD companies get lazy and use the text from "closed captioning for the deaf" as subtitles. Those are wrong so much of the time.

That's patently unfair & need to be remedied immediately. We need close captioning for the blind or I'm going to the (fill in whine to organization about blind people here)

BeardofPants

Gonz said:
That's patently unfair & need to be remedied immediately. We need close captioning for the blind or I'm going to the (fill in whine to organization about blind people here)
:hmm: What are you sayin' there, Gonz? As a hearing impaired person, I rely on those captions. :devious:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Imagine then, the pain of sightlessness at a movie. Do they deserve less?

tonksy

Starya said:
Can't they just go to a play and feel up the actors instead?
Hey man! That's not fair! If they get to feel up the actors I want to too!
*Breaks out the sunglasses and the cane and heads to the theatre

unclehobart

I saw a Korean movie last year that I can't remember the title of. It centered on the war in the 50s of course... about a family torn apart... a big brother joining the service in order to protect his kid brother that was press-ganged. He went on to be a war hero for both sides in a cruel twist of fate... a real nasty greek tragedy of a flick. Anyone know it?