Friends

Rose

I don't watch friends much. I've caught a few episodes in rerun here and there on the WB, but probably not more than ten.

I did watch the finale, though. Moving, touching, it was everythign I'd think the finale should be. You know, being a detatched person and all (not being a fan and having known the series for the past ten years).

Anyway. I ramble.

freako104

dont watch much TV. at all. though I enjoyed a few episodes I dont think it was the best show ever.

IDLEchild

So fucking sick of hearing about this show. Yes i did watch it and no I didn't care about its passing...this whole week NBC focused on nothing but Friends.

Whores

Inkara1

Didn't watch. Read the news story on what happened, before it came on here but after it had aired on the East Coast. Never been a big fan of the show; I just read the story out of curiousity. I watched Sportscenter instead.

Dave

they should have called it quits about 3 years ago.
the GF is already asking for the DVD's for her birthday.

Ms Ann Thrope

Mirlyn said:
never seen it, nor cared to. primetime tv isn't worth the electricity.

I agree. Friends? I thought they went off the air years ago. I saw a couple of episodes a long time ago and thought the show was boring. How depressing that there was an audience for such an utterly vapid series.

MrBishop

I've watched about 6 episodes, mostly under the duress of being at someone's house while they were watching it. :p Never really got into it.

Same goes with Seinfeld...never got into it, though I'm told that it was better than Friends.

The fact that they're naming Friends then best sit-com ever fills me with the urge to vomit.

Frankly...it was fluffy, at best...and certainly didn't deal with current issues, or even socially impactful issues.

M*A*S*H beat them both out with hands tied behind it's back, and The Muppet Show is a close second.

So...what's your top-ten sitcoms of all time?

tonksy

1. m*a*s*h
2. taxi
3. WKRP
4. seinfeld
5. cheers
6. the newhart show
7. gilligan's island

yeah...i think that's it.....

kuulani

i liked friends :la:

sometimes you just don't want to deal with the tv bullshit of one group of people dealing with and every single real world issue there is. how real is that? :shrug:

MrBishop

1. M*A*S*H*
2. The Muppet Show - was that a sitcom?
3. Red Dwarf
4. Absolutely Fabulous
5. Faulty Towers
6. WKRP
7. All in the Family
8. Cosby Show
9. Third Rock from the Sun
10.Threes C'mpany

DJB

I was never a big friends fan.. watching reruns and not much more.
But it's been around for 10 years.. this show was on during my entire teen life..
I've followed it enough to know the Ross and Rachel drama, Pheobe's Smelly Cat song, and countless other running jokes that, much like the Simpsons, would pop up in my daily life.
It was an okay show.. there have been worse things on TV (like the Swan.. ugh). I'm not going to miss it horribly because, of course there's always reruns... look at Star Trek: The Next Generation, or Dawson's Creek, they're still on the air and the series has been over for years.
Friends will be on until I have grandchildren.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Spot said:
they should have called it quits about 3 years ago.
the GF is already asking for the DVD's for her birthday.

Does your wife know about your gf?? :brush: