Front, back or side.

Which door to your house gets the most use?

• Front door

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Rear door

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Side door

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other, or they all get similar usage.

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Sharky

Commonly referred to as a porch.

Well, it's sorta different. A porch is a porch - I have a porch and it has a couple of rocking chairs and that's all. A lanai is furnished, just like a room inside the house - with comfy chairs, tables with lamps, bookshelves, stereo, framed art hanging on the walls, ceiling fan, etc. There is a fully equipped bar with a grill and refrigerator on one end.

Sharky

It must not snow & get to -32 in January very often there ;)

Heh! If it did I would move. :D

As it is, it gets too damn cold - it goes down into the 20's sometimes late Jan & early Feb. Never seen it snow here, but it has happened (with no accumulation).

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I'm purt near as Southern as yer gonna git on here, and I ain't never heard nothin referred to as a lanai or a pergola. I think it's transplant-speak m'self.

Sharky

I'm purt near as Southern as yer gonna git on here, and I ain't never heard nothin referred to as a lanai or a pergola. I think it's transplant-speak m'self.

It's a Florida thang. We ain't Southern, we're North Cuban. ;)

And we stole "lanai" from the Hawaryans. :lloyd:

Sharky

Just a southern term for a back porch and its usually screened in.

Sorry, hun - I hate to be pedantic, but there is a difference. "Lanai" refers to an outdoor room specifically. One that is furnished, but open to the outside. Porches are screened in, and not furnished, other than rocking chairs. ;)