Garage Sales!!!

Uki Chick

It's that time again when people are moving and garage sales begin. Sometimes you can get great deals. For those who live in Montreal, Quebec or surrounding areas, our area St-Rose is having it's community garage sales. It's the first one of the year being held at Park Champfleury.

Cam, I knew you were interested last year but got there too late. So now you'll know. It's this Saturday, May 15th.

In Fresno, you're limited to three garage sales per year (month? I'm pretty sure it's year though), and you have to pay for a license for the privilege of doing three.

Uki Chick said:
It's that time again when people are moving and garage sales begin. Sometimes you can get great deals. For those who live in Montreal, Quebec or surrounding areas, our area St-Rose is having it's community garage sales. It's the first one of the year being held at Park Champfleury.

Cam, I knew you were interested last year but got there too late. So now you'll know. It's this Saturday, May 15th.
i love garage sales, i love community garage sales, i love thrift shop, i'm a cheap bastard.

tonksy said:
i love garage sales, i love community garage sales, i love thrift shop, i'm a cheap bastard.

I love them too. I'm a cheap bastard too. What sucks is I have to be other places for this one so I'm probably gonna miss it. Thank goodness we have more than one during the summer.

They'regreat places to pick up cheap couches and good records. I'm thinking I might try to find a good laserdisc player on eBay for cheap, and then get older movies at garage sales on laserdisc instead of DVD.

garage sales and thrift shop's are also where i pick up supplies for my...projects...erm, besides bottle caps...it amazes me the lack of vision some people have...but more for me, i say!!

They're great for all kinds of stuff. I picked up a sewing machine with all attachments and the table for $50.00 last year. Some people throw out the best stuff.

Uki Chick said:
They're great for all kinds of stuff. I picked up a sewing machine with all attachments and the table for $50.00 last year. Some people throw out the best stuff.
i remember that...last year? i've known you people for too long :p

I've had to sell stuff at garage sales before... but not because I wanted to throw out stuff, but because I was desperate for the money. I had to think of what I could get by without.

tonksy said:
i remember that...last year? i've known you people for too long :p

yeh, that's true, cause we asked you for some help. LOL you haven't known us too long. You're just starting!

Uki Chick said:

Cool!

I'll clean out the couches and scrounge up my loose change and head on out to see what kind of stuff I can buy that I don't really need but is to cheap to resist :D

Camelyn said:
Cool!

I'll clean out the couches and scrounge up my loose change and head on out to see what kind of stuff I can buy that I don't really need but is to cheap to resist :D

I remembered you wanted to go last year but you got there too late so I thought of you when I saw the sign yesterday.

Uki Chick said:
yeh, that's true, cause we asked you for some help. LOL you haven't known us too long. You're just starting!
i just can't believe that much time has passed. you ever use the machine?

tonksy said:
i just can't believe that much time has passed. you ever use the machine?

From time to time I use it. I haven't gotten around to making anything though. One of these days I will. I've used it for touch ups and such. The only thing I've made with it is one of my skirts for the dance troupe I belong to.

My mom gave me a handheld "Smart Stitch" for my birthday. I've managed to use it zero times.

Inkara1 said:
Only a year? Amateur! I'm a relative noob, and I date back to May 2000 on HWC.

We met on OTC and we've both been members since 2003. So, obviously we couldn't of known each other before that.

I'm a guy who doesn't sew very often. I think it was her way of telling me she didn't want the task of fixing my torn bed skirt anymore. :D

Inkara1 said:
I'm a guy who doesn't sew very often. I think it was her way of telling me she didn't want the task of fixing my torn bed skirt anymore. :D
:laugh5: thanks for reminding me...i have a pillowcase to fix.

Back