Garbage joy

Lettuce? What's that?
Stuff in the freezer for 8 months? Surely you jest. Nothing lasts more than a week
Cookies ... Um .....yeah, as a matter of fact. What of it?

But I thought one of the joys of living in the sticks was supposed to be a lack of trick-or-treaters.

Nixy said:
Do you feed your pets or children lettuce that has gone bad? Stuff that's been forgotten in the freezer for 8 months? The cookies you left in the oven by accident and came out as black blobs as hard as a rock?
Lettuce and the like go to the rabbits out front. I suppose I have tossed freezer burnt stuff - but it's infrequent. I don't burn cookies, I like them soft :nerd:

Consider it more like plate scrapings, orange peels, apple cores, coffee grounds, teabags. Garbage garbage.

Nixy said:
Or chicken bones? Do you feed THOSE to the kids or animals?
I buy my chicken without bones...or for the odd time I do buy them with bones I save them for soup and then I toss them if I don't bury them to enrich the soil.

Leslie said:
Consider it more like plate scrapings, orange peels, apple cores, coffee grounds, teabags. Garbage garbage.
oh...minus the coffee grounds and the orange peels then I do toss those things.

We just had a garbage joy of our own just now. Rob was taking some bush clippings to the kudzu pit when he noticed a flash of red. It turned out to be an over 6 foot climbing rose bush! Apparently the neighbors (above or next door) or their yard crew had removed the bush and tossed it into the gully where it spent the winter!
Rob removed it and we cut off all the dead bits and planted it on our back hill slope against the house so it can climb!
The things these people choose to throw away!
Thank God the thing had enough water and light to root itself and put off blooms or we never would have seen it!

OH! And Slim? I hope you dance! :p

Back