George Orwell would be so proud

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Where the hell am I what happened to my dimension?

Isaiah Washington, who does the healing as a doctor on "Grey's Anatomy," is the patient now.

He's in therapy for his use of an anti-gay slur against a castmate.
"With the support of my family and friends, I have begun counseling. I regard this as a necessary step toward understanding why I did what I did and making sure it never happens again," Washington said in a statement Wednesday. "I appreciate the fact that I have been given this opportunity and I remain committed to transforming my negative actions into positive results, personally and professionally."

Whether Washington was receiving outpatient counseling or had entered a facility was not specified, and the statement did not indicate whether he would miss work on the show.

Washington's publicist, Kelly Mullens, declined to comment further. A call to ABC about the effect on production of the hit TV show was not immediately returned Wednesday.

Therapy? Rehab? What ever happened to saying sorry & moving on?

source

Therapy? Rehab? What ever happened to saying sorry & moving on?

source

i have analysed this sentence, Gonz, and i fear you may be delusional. You appear to be clinging to a fantasy world or beleif that the world is, or ever was, rational. :bgpimp:

( ... i can fit you in next Wednesday, but payment of $2500 per hour is strictly in advance! - Please ensure you inform your Publicist, as this is no longer part of the service)

We do offer a hotline to the major Talkshows though, at very reasonable rates ;)

Whether Washington was receiving outpatient counseling or had entered a facility was not specified, and the statement did not indicate whether he would miss work on the show.

My God, can you imagine if he had actually been physically hurt? A hangnail might throw this pussy into ICU for a month.

Inpatient treatment for saying a naughty word. And you wonder why your health care is so expensive. You wonder why HildeBeast wants to turn us into Canada and socialize medicine, and all the sheep say "Baaaaaaaa" and never once realize that shit like this is why you can't afford to take Junior to the ER when he has a fever of 103.

Y'all are really something else. Here, maybe this $14 cup of coffee will help.

You appear to be clinging to a fantasy world or belief that the world is, or ever was, rational. :bgpimp:

The whole world never has been, but the 'majority' in the US, used to be.
That was when there was such a thing as 'common sense' (for chic...IMO) :D

Now pc has changed all that....with the Clinton era.:hmm:

My God, can you imagine if he had actually been physically hurt? A hangnail might throw this pussy into ICU for a month.

Inpatient treatment for saying a naughty word. And you wonder why your health care is so expensive. You wonder why HildeBeast wants to turn us into Canada and socialize medicine, and all the sheep say "Baaaaaaaa" and never once realize that shit like this is why you can't afford to take Junior to the ER when he has a fever of 103.

:laugh:

You must spread some rep.....

How exactly does one go into therapy for anti-homosexual thoughts?

Watching Brokeback Mountain, listening to Liberaci and George Michael, color-matching drapes to upholstery, picking wines to go with meals?

j/k

Oh, damn, SN'P --- you made me spill my cheap, home-made coffee.
*wiping tears of laughter*

You must spread rep......

:rofl:

I know it's really popular to blame him for everything, but he was a symptom, not a cause.

Well, the way I see it......
It really started during Regan's reign, and that's when he started push
the "family values" thing, and Bush 41 tried to continue that campaign.
Bush had a lesser success, but kinda kept it slowed some.
Thennn, Clinton basically started the "If it feels good, do it" movement.

IMO, Clinton lessened the overall respect for the office, and that
(at least seemed to be the) caused a general drop in values in the
average American.

I still think the repercussions, of some of his actions in office, will be felt for
maybe several generations, if not from now on.

Of coarse it doesn't make since to blame 'everything' on anybody, but
I do believe several Major things were changed, that resulted in a
negative way on what behavior is considered 'acceptable' as far as
ethics for the general society.

Cat, Timothy Leary started the "If it feels good, do it" movement. Before you were born. Clinton epsoused but was not responsible for dysfunctional family values. ;)

Richard Nixon destroyed most of the respect Americans had for the office.

Typically, people think all the significant stuff happens while they're paying attention but a lot of the stuff you decry (some of which I agree with) has been going on since before history. As far as what is "acceptable" to society, that's controlled by pop culture. The government (or members thereof) have no control whatsoever over it but are rather reflections of it. A lot of what I suspect you see as "licentiousness" of today's American society (you are aware that other countries have different values) is more or less directly attributable to exposure to other, more permissive societies during WWI, WWII and the increasing ease of intercontinental travel. Clinton is a horse's ass, but most of what you think is wrong with society was started before he was born. He was a product of that society, not the cause of it.

Cat, Timothy Leary started the "If it feels good, do it" movement. Before you were born. Clinton epsoused but was not responsible for dysfunctional family values. ;)

Richard Nixon destroyed most of the respect Americans had for the office.

Timothy Leary was wacked, and didn't have near the following of Clinton.

Nixon destoryed himself, not the office. Had he stayed, it would have.
Clinton was too stupid to resign, Or just didn't give a shit what impact it have on "the office".

Typically, people think all the significant stuff happens while they're paying attention but a lot of the stuff you decry (some of which I agree with) has been going on since before history. As far as what is "acceptable" to society, that's controlled by pop culture. The government (or members thereof) have no control whatsoever over it but are rather reflections of it. A lot of what I suspect you see as "licentiousness" of today's American society (you are aware that other countries have different values) is more or less directly attributable to exposure to other, more permissive societies during WWI, WWII and the increasing ease of intercontinental travel. Clinton is a horse's ass, but most of what you think is wrong with society was started before he was born. He was a product of that society, not the cause of it.
Yeah, there's nothing new under the sun, but I'm only obliged to deal with
"my lifetime" and future.

If you don't see the decline in values from Reagan's end, to the present, then
I don't know......
Agree to disagree I guess.:kiss:

Values, no values. Clinton, Leary, Nixon. Hell, throw Alice Cooper in the mix while we're at it. None of it is the point IMO.

We are talking about someone uttering a word, unacceptable as it may be, and then going to therapy for it. Possibly inpatient therapy. To me, the problem does not lie in societal norms here, it lies in our reaction to these occurances.

If we're going to start checking into rehab for stuff like this, y'all better take a picture of Gonz cuz he hillbillies me to death and he'd never see daylight again.

It's ludicrous to even contemplate rehab for this incident. That we do so is indicative of where we are as a group. Anti-gay, anti-black, anti-white, anti-whatever, the point is the same. We are so ubersensitive and so apologetic and so hyper-maniacal about this shit that it's beyond laughable. And meanwhile, as we busy ourselves with worrying over it, we lose ground on the important stuff by the minute. Then we wonder why other countries laugh.

Values, no values. Clinton, Leary, Nixon. Hell, throw Alice Cooper in the mix while we're at it. None of it is the point IMO.

We are talking about someone uttering a word, unacceptable as it may be, and then going to therapy for it. Possibly inpatient therapy. To me, the problem does not lie in societal norms here, it lies in our reaction to these occurances.

If we're going to start checking into rehab for stuff like this, y'all better take a picture of Gonz cuz he hillbillies me to death and he'd never see daylight again.

It's ludicrous to even contemplate rehab for this incident. That we do so is indicative of where we are as a group. Anti-gay, anti-black, anti-white, anti-whatever, the point is the same. We are so ubersensitive and so apologetic and so hyper-maniacal about this shit that it's beyond laughable. And meanwhile, as we busy ourselves with worrying over it, we lose ground on the important stuff by the minute. Then we wonder why other countries laugh.

I'm with you, SN'P. Right down to the ground.

Back