GET IN HERE NOW

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.asp?Sku=A0060210

Actually, Mitch is right, now it is at US$200, yesterday it was at US$100

Yeah, the deal ended today. :(

Guess I'll just have to wait for them to unveil their 200 gig hard drive for $100 deal. :D

Actually that was the same deal, I just didn't figure the 15% would be instant.

It was never a 120GB HDD for $100. It was a 120GB HDD for $198.98 & they offered a $100. MiR.

Basically, it's a rebate. You buy the product, and send in the coupon that comes with it as well as a proof of purchase to ensure you won't return the drive. You wait about 6 to 8 weeks, and you get whatever money the coupon is for. What it boils down to is...most consumers are lazy, so they sell a ton of drives and hope to get only a few rebate coupons in the mail. One burning question is...If they wanted to sell more drives, then why didn't they just reduce the price instead of playing the rebate game?

I think you answered that question yourself if your post there, Gato.

most consumers are lazy, so they sell a ton of drives and hope to get only a few rebate coupons in the mail
That's probably true for something wimpy like a $15 or $30 rebate, but $100 is a lot of money, over half of the cost of the drive in fact. One would think people would get up off their butts and do something about it then.

One would think so, yes, but never underestimate the laziness of the typical American consumer...;)

I've read somewhere that less than 8% of Mail inRebates get used. It's a money making scam. I send all of mine in, but I'd rather just pay the sale price.

Gato_Solo said:
Don't confuse smart with cheap... ;)
Mhh both then... I've haggled a lot in my life. People at Walmart here don't seem to like me trying to haggle with them though :D

Haggling is not a talent for the US. How is it in Canada and Mexico? I know I've haggled in Spain, but not in Germany, so how is haggling tolerated in Europe?

Back