Getting in shape sucks

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Since everybody is posting it....here i go.

1.83m, and 67kg (sorry, i use metric)

Scn64

Exercise always sounds good until it actually comes time to do it. At that time I usually decide to have a snack instead.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I'm exercising 3 times a week at around 60 minutes a stretch. I've been onthis regimin for about one whole month. Weight lost? 0 pounds. Not one ounce. No inches dropping off, either. I've also cut down my food intake. :sigh: Perhaps I'm too old to stay in shape... :mope:

chcr

Too cute for words
Gato_Solo said:
I'm exercising 3 times a week at around 60 minutes a stretch. I've been onthis regimin for about one whole month. Weight lost? 0 pounds. Not one ounce. No inches dropping off, either. I've also cut down my food intake. :sigh: Perhaps I'm too old to stay in shape... :mope:
A lot of it has to do with body type. I've been exercising three or four times a week for three weeks now, 60 minutes a pop, and I've lost six pounds and my pants are looser. :shrug: Oh, my food intake changed when they put in the stints. Of course, you probably started out in much better condition than I'm in.

Dave

Gato_Solo said:
you doing cardio?
have to get the heart rate up for extended periods to get the metabolism running better.
are you just eating less of the same stuff or are you keeping a close eye on sugars and carbs?

BlurOfSerenity

FAT BAT.
need excercise badly. and no more icecream/pizza/cheeseburgers/soda. more leancuisines and vomitous salads and water (i hate salads. i hate water).

flavio

Banned
I've dropped weight everytime I've started feeling big.

You want a simple way to lose some pounds? Come up with a nourishing meal that's low fat low-carb and fills you up and eat it midday everyday. Don't eat anything else ever.

If you want to accelerate the process do some cardio. I used to run but now I swim laps for an hour a couple times a week.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Spot said:
you doing cardio?
have to get the heart rate up for extended periods to get the metabolism running better.
are you just eating less of the same stuff or are you keeping a close eye on sugars and carbs?

Yes...
No and yes...I'm actually starting to get tired of chef salads (I've always used low-fat dressing)...

BlurOfSerenity

threw out all the unhealthy food last night!!

going shopping later for more healthy food, and stuff we can actually use to make meals with so that we cook good stuff instead of getting fast food!!

Bobby Hogg

I'm 6'4" and around 200 lbs give or take a few, depending on how much training I've been doing at a particularly time.

I try to play a lot of football (soccer to most of you I suppose) and the training burns the weight off quickly. It's all interval training, like constant jogging interpersed by sprinting exercises for 10 mins at a time for about an hour. Gets you fit very quickly and burns off any excess lbs.

It also makes me eat a lot more.

BlurOfSerenity

i'm 5'8", 210lbs. i weighed 180 at the start of the year, so i've gained 30 lbs this year. my body mass index is like, 160. so ideally, i'd be 160.