getting tan

tonksy

i don't tan....when i was a kid i did but nowadays i just burn and go right back to pale...maybe with some added freckling. i tried the tanning beds at one point in time when i was a restaurant manager and got in for free, but they didn't work for me....guess i'm destined to be fairskinned for the rest of my lily white life.....*sigh*

Dave

i burn and peel. the burns are worse if i use sunscreen. then there is the sand everywhere.....

Ms Ann Thrope

tonks said:
i don't tan....when i was a kid i did but nowadays i just burn and go right back to pale...maybe with some added freckling. i tried the tanning beds at one point in time when i was a restaurant manager and got in for free, but they didn't work for me....guess i'm destined to be fairskinned for the rest of my lily white life.....*sigh*

Nothing wrong with that tonks! It's much healthier, in fact. :hug:

I don't tan because basting myself on some beach doesn't appeal. In fact, the only beaches I truly like are the ones with huge waves violently crashing on boulders. Where there's a strong salty wind and you need to wear a thick sweater and boots. :shrug:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I decided a few years ago that I don't wanna be leathery and wrinkly when I'm older...so I don't intentionally don't tan :shrug:

translucent works for me...humans aren't meant to be sueded anyway :lloyd:

Ms Ann Thrope

haven't explored the Eastern seaboard, but I've spent a lot of time in Northern California... Big Sur is pretty close to my idea of heaven :D

Dave

you would fall in love with the Maine coast. waves arent arent nearly as spectacular except when the weather turns foul but it is the same type of shoreline.

Ms Ann Thrope

It's long been a dream of mine to go there...if for no other reason than to find out how much lobster I need to eat before I get sick of it. ;)

Dave

Ms Ann Thrope said:
It's long been a dream of mine to go there...if for no other reason than to find out how much lobster I need to eat before I get sick of it. ;)

i'll let you know how long it takes me...i have a few years headstart....

greenfreak

tonks said:
i don't tan.... i just burn and go right back to pale...maybe with some added freckling.

Ditto. The closest I ever got was when I lived in Florida and got a little sun every day. But I don't want to end up like my Mom, she's tan but her skin is pretty bad.

unclehobart

I have the protypical workingmans tan. Mild to toasty brown face and arms with pale white bloatfish belly and legs. I can tan fairly easily... but only to a point. I'm more scar tissue than not...which unfortunately doesn't really tan that well at all.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
kuulani said:
*thanking the gods for the little brown pigments that they gave me* :D

I have them too, but in a somewhat funny way, if I expose myself to the sun too much first i get the lobster colour, then i peel, and then my skin turns a little brown and then the sun doesn't feel so bad, but after a while of no exposure (like 1 month) the skin turns back to its original colour.

My arms are permanently light brown because of driving, and I intend to keep them that way, otherwise...ouch.

Nitro_Daizy

I love the Sun it feels really good I think but, you guys are right its not the best thing for your skin. So I say put the sunscreen on and enjoy the feeling :swing:

Camelyn

Spot said:
you would fall in love with the Maine coast. waves arent arent nearly as spectacular except when the weather turns foul but it is the same type of shoreline.

I love the Maine coast. There is nothing like watching a thunder storm on the ocean, the raw power of the wind-blown waves crashing against the rcoky shore. One time, my X had to drag me off my pearch on the cliffs during just such a storm. Something about lightning and the human body being a great conductor :)

chatty kathy

Leslie said:
I decided a few years ago that I don't wanna be leathery and wrinkly when I'm older...so I don't intentionally don't tan :shrug:

translucent works for me...humans aren't meant to be sueded anyway :lloyd:
I'm 45 and I look 35....suntanned forever .....I think it depends on the person themselves and how they treat their skin b4 and afterwards....I use skin softeners and do use a block.....then I use a after sun lotion.....also.....if you tan I dont feel that you have to use makeup...natural glow :D

chatty kathy

tonks said:
guess I should consider myself lucky!! I tan....but then I am in shorts and in the sun a lot...

tonksy

chatty kathy said:
guess I should consider myself lucky!! I tan....but then I am in shorts and in the sun a lot...
i am in louisiana...just started wearing long pants last week....see my share of sun...just don't tan...not meant to.