Gift for a Christening?

Sharky

My newest grand-niece is being Christened on Sunday. :cool:

Is a gift appropriate, or would a card suffice?

If a gift is appropriate, what would you recommend?

I think a gift is appropriate...although what you should get in beyond me...what is your price range?

I think a gift is appropriate...although what you should get in beyond me...what is your price range?

No limit on price . . . but it needn't be fancy, her grandpa (my brother) is quite wealthy and has probably already spoiled her. :D

No limit on price . . . but it needn't be fancy, her grandpa (my brother) is quite wealthy and has probably already spoiled her. :D

I was gonna suggest a savings bond but I guess that will be unnecessary...

Maybe some sort of keepsake...a little baby ring or a nice cross on a chain...

How old is she anyway?

I was gonna suggest a savings bond but I guess that will be unnecessary...

Maybe some sort of keepsake...a little baby ring or a nice cross on a chain...

How old is she anyway?

I think she's around one month but I'm not sure. :blush:

For a christening ... a St-Christopher. That's what I've given all the time. They're getting a tad hard to find these days, tho.

A family Bible...the kind with spots for geneological information at the front.

i guess that its a wee bit early for her first belly-button piercing. ;)

A silver or gold baby bracelet with her name on it would be a lovely keepsake if you want to skip the religious gift :)

A silver or gold baby bracelet with her name on it would be a lovely keepsake if you want to skip the religious gift :)

Yeah, that's like what I was thinking...or a little ring that says "baby" or has her birth stone...something she can look back on and think "awww uncle sharky gave me this when I was a baby" :)

Great ideas! I had no idea what to give her . . . HoneyBunny didn't know, either - she comes from a non-religious family - you guys really helped me out here! :cool:

I think I'll go with the jewelry, maybe an engraved sterling silver bracelet and a St. Christopher's medal if I can find one. Gonz's idea was an excellent practical one, but she's probably already set for life thanks to her very generous Grandpa. Bish's idea was a good one, but my niece's husband's side of the family is very religious and there's a good chance they will give her a Bible. And piercings or tattoos are right out. :D

Thank you everyone - you guys rock. :nanabang:

i agree to the savings bond idea. a kid can never have too many savingsbonds. my granpa always gave them to me and this year i get to use some for college. they're much more useful than jewelry, i think.

on another note -- i have a little pillow with a music box in it, from my christening. and a little silvery keepsake plate with teddybears on it and my name and birthdate.

Back