Giving Gun Owners A Bad Rep

Frodo

in WA state you can buy a handgun in a private party transaction without nobody knowing nothing.

in almost all US states the private party sale of long guns, within a single state, is virtually unregulated, as it should be.

the problem of safety, though extremely important, should not be handled by any government agency. all firearms should remain a private matter. just like whatever happens in the bedroom. youz want anybody having lists?

The only list would be those that have lost their 2nd Amendment rights through due process. You have a safety card or you don't. The only law would be the requirement for a safety card which would be a misdemeanor offense. No need for the government to keep records on "graduates".

JTP

I think gun safety courses and hunting safety courses are a good idea for the same reason driver's ed and licensing is a good idea. Think of it this way- would you want to be down in a construction trench below a backhoe operator with no training? Sharing a hunting trip with a newbie and his brand-new first gun is just as dangerous- believe me, I know! Not trying to be political, just practical.

Kruz

My thoughts are that gun ownership should be left as it is.
BUT, if your going to carry one (open or concealed) some kind of safety/defence course be attended.
*I know some states do already*