Giving up privacy for connectivity (Cel. Phones)

Did Paris Hilton actually answer her cell phone and chat for a minute while being boinked, in The Paris Hilton Sex Video? That's what I heard, anyway. :shrug:

Gonz said:
If you think I'm nuts, you should have seen my wifes reaction the day she realized people were "listening in" on our wireless phone conversations. It was trashed in under 10 seconds. We now have 2.4GhZ DSS...only the gov't can listen in now. :rofl3:

shhhhh, don't tell her

You do realize there is a world of diffence between a cordless phone and a cell phone security wise. A modern cell phone transmits a signal digitally which also uses strong encryption to keep people from snooping. It is possible to do but the equipment costs thousands of dollars. It would be a hell of a lot easier (and cheaper) for someone to break into a public phone box and hook a phone onto the terminals to listen to your conversation. Yeah and as far as private coversations on just a cordless phone... well that is just plain stupidity as someone who knows what they are doing can turn a baby monitor into a cordless phone monitor.

nodnod said:
You do realize there is a world of diffence between a cordless phone and a cell phone security wise. A modern cell phone transmits a signal digitally which also uses strong encryption to keep people from snooping. It is possible to do but the equipment costs thousands of dollars. It would be a hell of a lot easier (and cheaper) for someone to break into a public phone box and hook a phone onto the terminals to listen to your conversation. Yeah and as far as private coversations on just a cordless phone... well that is just plain stupidity as someone who knows what they are doing can turn a baby monitor into a cordless phone monitor.
I agree with that except for the strong encription part.

Sharky said:
Did Paris Hilton actually answer her cell phone and chat for a minute while being boinked, in The Paris Hilton Sex Video? That's what I heard, anyway. :shrug:
If true, I think the guy needs to get some boinking lessons. :lol:

I dont think that was the end he was concerned with at the time. Wouldnt bother me if it was a ditz like Hilton.

I got rid of my cell phone in May after my job stopped paying my bills on it. Cant say I can blame them seeing as how only maybe 10% of the calls I made were work related and the vast majority of its use was in text messaging people day and night. Its nice to have one less thing to connect me to the annoying world thats for sure but I guess by the end of the year Ill have to look into getting one myself. Maybe...

In my line of work, 24/7 contact is an occupational hazard. Not here in the desert, mind you, but at home. I keep my cell turned off 99.99% of the time. Otherwise, I'm having an emergency, so I actually have to use it. ;)

I have a prepaid cell for road emergencies. It's supposed to be un traceable (according to tv crime shows) but I don't do much at all with it.

I used to have a cell phone. Someone was kind enough to run the bill up to $1,000 for me. How nice of her. Now, I no longer have a cell phone.

Back