God help the parents

Lord knows people can't figure out who to marry or when to split up on their own either. Government need not be involved in most personal matters.

You stumbled into a truth. People marry for a myraid of reasons. Few of them are suficient. Fewer still are reasonable. Place known consequences in front of them & the liklihood of ill-advised marruages declines. People are more apt to pay attention up front when they know they will be hurt later (as is the entire thought process behind laws) if they choose wrong.

You might know how to raise your kids but obviously many parents don't. People marry, have kids, start families, etc that are ill prepared for any of it.

Make them liable for their actions. Down with no-contest divorces. Don't allow stupid crap like dual-custody. Nobody knows how to raise their kids. It's learn-as-you-go. The ultimate on the job training. If you had both parents while growing up, under one roof, you're more likely to get it right. The more divorces & custom families we have, the greater the odds of fucking it up since there is no baseline.

*sigh*

Man & woman has always been marriage. Nothing has changed. It's the others who are tying to re-define marriage after generations of it having definition.

Beside the point that you're for more government involvement. The inconsistency I was referring to.

Look...a non-parent

You must be the non-parent if you've been unable to talk to 4 year olds.

You stumbled into a truth. People marry for a myraid of reasons. Few of them are suficient. Fewer still are reasonable. Place known consequences in front of them & the liklihood of ill-advised marruages declines. People are more apt to pay attention up front when they know they will be hurt later (as is the entire thought process behind laws) if they choose wrong.

I don't need your nanny state. Keep the government out of personal matters.

Make them liable for their actions. Down with no-contest divorces. Don't allow stupid crap like dual-custody. Nobody knows how to raise their kids. It's learn-as-you-go. The ultimate on the job training. If you had both parents while growing up, under one roof, you're more likely to get it right. The more divorces & custom families we have, the greater the odds of fucking it up since there is no baseline.

If you have two parents who hate each other you're more likely to be fucked up. Down with government nanny state involvement with marriage. Shared custody is better for kids than single custody the majority of time. Quit trying to push your personal beliefs on other people's personal matters.

ok, so when you try to pickup your 3-1/2 yo, and they smack you in the nose,
when you try picking them up....what...
A wrestling match?

Grab their arm and tell them no hitting.

You are right there one the first count....
Every situation is different, but also kids are different, households are different...
Single parents, classic families, Only children, multiple children...
All that makes for countless scenarios, so why a New Blanket law?

I don't see where new laws will help, when judges are turning Real abusers loose
with the current law, or it simply isn't enforced. (like the border)

I don't really think the new law is the right way to go, or maybe like ash r said a lower age limit. Many parents have great success never spanking their kids and I think that should be the goal but every kid is different and maybe it's necessary for some unfortunately.

Quite a little hellion huh? :)

I would prevent them from coming out or breaking stuff. They're usually pretty small.

So you'd just keep um locked up, aye?

THAT sounds abusive to me, if not used with discretion. :shrug:

So next do we need a ban on "restriction/time-out"?

So you'd just keep um locked up, aye?

THAT sounds abusive to me, if not used with discretion. :shrug:

So next do we need a ban on "restriction/time-out"?

Remember getting them to go to their room was the goal you proposed not me.

Also remember I didn't support the ban.

Or one that knows how to get kids to behave without spanking them.

My son is 13. He's been spanked once. It appears we've figured that out fairly well AND we have first hand knowledge.

Congratulations.

Sounds like you agree that spanking is not normally necessary.

When I was growing up all the neighborhood kids were spanked on a weekly basis.

Back