Gone Postal!

Mare

Well, I started orientation yesterday in Ft. Myers for the US Post Office! 13 more days of training, and I shall be in.
Talk about being bored to death by a post master-Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh! (yawn)

Congrats & condolences. Civil service is great for those willing to stick it out.

Inky, more like come rain, hurricane, or sweldering heat!

I know these orientation days are killing me, hour drive, boring ppl reading from a book, etc...just want to start my route, btw, I did get a route here, not far from where I live, one of the lucky ones guess. Some of the ppl have to drive 40 minutes to go to their assigned post office, and then they weren't guarenteed more but 2 days work. I know the starting rate is $13.05 and then when I take my civil service test, it $16.45 an hour. I was scheduled today for it, but driver's academy is more important so they reschrduled me for August 9th to take it, that's the day my boys go back to school.

Mare said:
Inky, more like come rain, hurricane, or sweldering heat!

I know these orientation days are killing me, hour drive, boring ppl reading from a book, etc...just want to start my route, btw, I did get a route here, not far from where I live, one of the lucky ones guess. Some of the ppl have to drive 40 minutes to go to their assigned post office, and then they weren't guarenteed more but 2 days work. I know the starting rate is $13.05 and then when I take my civil service test, it $16.45 an hour. I was scheduled today for it, but driver's academy is more important so they reschrduled me for August 9th to take it, that's the day my boys go back to school.
Mare, that's just awesome!

New Update:

I go back august 1,2,3, for driver's academy . Have to call today to schedule a road test. Seems so weird having to take a driving test again after 20 years of driving! :eek5: :D ............Just a couple different thing to know, the steering wheel Mare is on the RIGHT! LOL The USPS Does Yield at RR Crossings, and they think SAFETY ALL THE TIME!

I am estatic about this job, can't wait to start. Thanks to all for the congrats!

First day at my post office today-its called being a shadow driver with your regular carrier on your route! Kinda excited, and nervous. Hope we get along, that really helps.

OMG! It was awesome, these homes on my route are in a country club, BEAUTIFUL! Its gonna be just fine for me, have to learn 2 other routes, but i have confidence in myself!

I wonder how long will it take until you have your first indecent proposal.

Back