Good morning, good morning ! !

TexasRaceLady

a bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, sunshiny morning to everyone.

Spring has sprung. No bluebonnets, yet, but the dogwoods are going ballistic.

Have a wonderful day. :dance:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
*checks TRL's coffee*

Bailey's...just as I suspected...

This is supposed to be the last cold day here, at least for awhile. We'll see.

I gotta moonlight tonight, but Tuesday I'll get th' mowers out and see if any of 'em run. I've got about three push mower corpses I keep for spare parts, gonna cannibalize them down to one, plus the one I actually use. Two ridin' mowers, hopefully one runs long enough to get t'other one runnin'. Two or three string trimmers, I know at least two of those need some TLC. Plus the tiller...it was runnin' last time I checked.

Time to get the grill tuned up for the season too. Fill tanks, scrub it up right purty, and git that puppy ready to do some mohunkin' grillin'.

Must...buy...grass seed...yard...looks...horrendous. Y'all got any idear how hard it is t'sow grass seed in a wind tunnel? My downwind neighbor's yard look fan-freakin-tastic.

Need to transplant about 25 trees off'n the Ol' Man's woods, plus enough to start a wind screen/sight blocker betwixt us an' the even-more-redneck neighbors. That yankee feller what's buildin a new house betwixt us an' the rabble we bought the place off of I mentioned? Well, word is, he's plannin' on BRINGING half a dozen wrecked cars when he moves. Be still my beating heart. I'm gonna hafta kill that feller afore it's all done...

Dayum. I already wanna go fishin again just thinkin about all that. :mope:

Cerise

Spring has sprung here---it's colder than a well digger's ass.

I miss the snow already; can't wait for the rain. :hug:

Inkara1

Certainly nice weather here. Local high school is hosting a baseball tournament starting this morning... luckily it's good baseball weather.

greenfreak

Good morning all!

I've been finding some surprise daffodils, crocus, and tulips sprouting in my lawn. First spring in this house - have no idea what I'm in for I guess!

The black cherry tree was pruned severely just a few weeks ago so I don't know if I'm getting flowers this year. All the other trees and shrubs are budding.

I have to buy a lawn mower and string trimmer. Going electric/battery on both after reading up in Consumer Reports and reviews. My zoysia grass hasn't started greening up yet but the chives are going full blast.

The potted daylilies I took from the old place are all sending up foliage too. I know where I'm putting them but I have to dig up some stumps first. And I'm a bit concerned about digging, since I don't know where the gas lines come into the house yet. Gotta get that figured out. :grinyes:

I've broken out my 6 year old wooden plant stands and oiled them up. They look pretty good for their age, don't they?

plant_stands_030908_5.jpg

They look much better than my deck, to be sure. Can't wait to rip that thing down and put a proper patio in instead. That's a few years off though.

Still need patio furniture. I think I'm going for aluminum as the wood sets are way too expensive and need too much maintenance for our tastes.

Happy spring, all. :)

TexasRaceLady

greenie, having lived with a concrete patio for years, and now with a deck --- keep the deck. It is much nicer to the feet than concrete -- cooler, also.