good places to be hosted by

Professur

She and Steve got into it once for her posting tickets, without being the site owner.

We did get his ass in gear, tho.

catocom

Well I've sent steven several emails, and have waited all day for IM with him....
but No response.
That's getting typical it seem, and I just got my server numbers from site5,
so I guess it's time to change some internic info.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
catocom said:
:D
It's about to get way better too. :swing:
i may take you up on that, i'm hosting a board off my 1.5mb dsl that could possibly overwhelm my pipe in a big hurry, lots of digital photos and such.

JJR512

Catocom, are you going with Site5 because I mentioned that's who I just signed up with, after comparing them and a few others to insiderhosting, and I told you that Site5 was offering a hell of a lot more than what you were getting with insiderhosting?

catocom

JJR512 said:
Catocom, are you going with Site5 because I mentioned that's who I just signed up with, after comparing them and a few others to insiderhosting, and I told you that Site5 was offering a hell of a lot more than what you were getting with insiderhosting?
yep, I check then out and liked what I saw.
The part about not using adult material makes me a little nervous.
They don't specify if close enough for me. :alienhuh:
I dug around to find some uptime testimonials, and thery looked better.

TJ, your subdomain is still there....when I get re-uped. (in progress now)

catocom

Samn, this is as bad as aoHell. IH is billing me again.
I'm going to have to canel my damn card. :cuss:

BlurOfSerenity

i had that problem after i quit IH too. i messaged the guy and was like, "hey, cut that shit out" and he was like... "we haven't actually recieved payments, despite that you're getting emails saying that we're still taking money".... whatev. after i yelled at him, tho... no more emails :)

after insiderhosting, i was hosted by a small little operation run by someone Kittie used to work with, it was called Zeptohost, it was supercheap and superawesome, but it went under for a reason i forget. when zepto went under, it got passed on to 85m.com, which was another small little operation. last week it got hacked, and i said "screw that", and now i'm with Site5 also, even though it's more expensive than i prefer. (they dont tell you right out that it's $11 and change if you pay monthly. i didn't have the money to pay several months at a time when i signed up), but UNLIMITED DATABASES!!!! that makes everything worthwhile.

catocom

Well I sent the helpdesk ticket, and have'nt gotten a reply other than the std auto one,
but I looks like they got it stopped.
I guess I'll see over the next few days. :confused:

catocom

Steven just sent me an email saying he'd credit my account back.
I guess it was just an honest mistake, but that's just another example
of the reason I left.
I really don't think he has enough good people there. It seems
like he has to do everything himself, and that's a lot of irons. :confused:

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
yea steve does alot himself. they tried to bill me this month, but my CC wasnt updated so i have to do that now. So they can get their money.

catocom

catocom said:
Steven just sent me an email saying he'd credit my account back.
I guess it was just an honest mistake, but that's just another example
of the reason I left.
I really don't think he has enough good people there. It seems
like he has to do everything himself, and that's a lot of irons. :confused:
Haven't seen any signs of a credit back yet. :box:

catocom

Well IH and Steven finally came through and made things right.

I really think the dude needs to hire some more Good help there.

greenfreak

I may be bringing this thread up again myself soon. I'm over half of my 500mb limit and I'm showing no signs of slowing. I had to put in a trouble ticket last week because I lost my webalizer stats, again... Second time in a year. Last time, they had to remove all my previous stats to fix it. This time they fixed it ok but the tech support system is cheesy.

I was just going to say that I was thinking about registering greenfreak.com in addition to my present site, greenfreak.net but I just went to check and make sure it was available and it isn't! It's some poker blog forum site thing. No reference to why it's named greenfreak.com. I've been waiting for that name for years. I should have jumped on it 6 months ago.

Damn.