Got a new job.

Dave

I will be officially done with the emergency department in a little over a week.
The frustration level with the way things were going with the hospital and a bad case of burnout did me in.
I will be starting as a home infusion nurse in a couple of weeks. I will be going to peoples home to start their IV therapy be it antibiotics, feedings or chemotherapy. I'll be maintaining the IV access and start lines as needed. I was hoping to learn how to do more advanced line placement (PICC, Midline) but this place doesn't do those currently. It sounded like I will be doing a lot of admission paperwork, but I don't mind as its all computerized. They will be giving me a netbook and crackberry to use. They even matched my current pay, which was a surprise. Was expecting to take a pay cut. Its a M-F gig from 1ish to 10ish. On call every other weekend and one overnight per month.
Only 4 more shifts at the hospital. Going to be a long week and a half. Looking forward to something completely different.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Congrats, Having had lots of family in medicine...you can have it.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Congrats Dave! Glad you've found something that looks like it will be a less stressful than your current job :)

Dave

I start on the 19th. Worked my last shift at the hospital yesterday, have the rest of the week off.