Got a question for non Americans and non Canadians...

Tim Horton played 24 seasons in the NHL, breaking in with the Toronto Maple Leafs after impressing the Leafs with his stellar play in their farm system. It was widely accepted that Horton was one of the strongest players in the league as well as a skilled defenseman with a lethal slapshot. Very few opponents were willing to tangle with Horton and his "Horton Bear Hug." Tim Horton's name can be found not only on the frontage of many donut shops across Canada, but also on Lord Stanley's Cup 4 times, including 3 in a row from 1962-1964. During the 1969-70 season, Horton was dealt to the New York Rangers for future considerations, and then went on to skate briefly with Pittsburgh, and then with the Sabres for two years. Horton's career was prematurely ended when he died in a car accident in 1974. Horton scored 115 goals and tallied 403 assists in 1446 regular season contests. His playoff numbers read 11-39-50 in 126 games. Horton earned both first team and second team All-Star status 3 times and played in 7 NHL All-Star contests. Tim Horton entered the Hockey Hall Of Fame in 1977.

This is the same Tim Horton we are talking about.

Bah...You folks on our northern tier should forcably evict Quebec from your commonwealth and be done with them. They don't even speak proper French. :p

Professur said:
LastLegionary said:
With Quebecois around?

Bite me, Dough boy.

So Professur, want independence or not?

Since Quebec is part of Canada, we should have a fucking NATIONAL vote on:
- having French as a second language
- having Quebec as a province

I would vote NO and ABSTAIN. I'm pretty sure the majority of people in Canada do NOT want to speak French, and my democratic vote it should be made that way.

Or atleast you guys shoudl have to have french and english on yoru signs!

On our fucking "Exit" signs we even have to have french and english! Do you guys? NO! :grumpy:

I remember when I was in Montreal there was a TV progrm that had asked a boatload of American tourists whether they thought Canada's most notorious criminal Jean Cretian should be released from jail. Every single one of them said no. :D

a13antichrist said:
I remember when I was in Montreal there was a TV progrm that had asked a boatload of American tourists whether they thought Canada's most notorious criminal Jean Cretian should be released from jail. Every single one of them said no. :D

Hey a13! Yeah, it was the show This Hour has 24 Minutes: Talking with Americans. I want it so bad :)

LastLegionary said:
a13antichrist said:

Hey a13! Yeah, it was the show This Hour has 24 Minutes: Talking with Americans. I want it so bad :)

I have it ;) :D

LastLegionary said:
So Professur, want independence or not?

Since Quebec is part of Canada, we should have a fucking NATIONAL vote on:
- having French as a second language
- having Quebec as a province

I would vote NO and ABSTAIN. I'm pretty sure the majority of people in Canada do NOT want to speak French, and my democratic vote it should be made that way.

Well, even if you asked to Prof I just want to put my point of view anyway:

-I don't want independance at all. I just can't see Quebec living as a country (especially for the military defense), we have strengths and weaknesses (well, maybe more weaknesses from Ontario's viewpoint), but even with our differences I feel that separation would cause a breach in both Quebec and Canada, and we would still have the same cold-war problems between Ottawa and Quebec.

-Having French as a second language of Canada is not a necessity at all, we just want to keep speaking it in Quebec, not spread it over the entire Canada. I agree with what Nixy said about displaying only in French and I find it's on the paranoid side too, especially if French would be aborted as second language. It's just that English folks always tried to assimilate us and we try to resist. Simple as that.

I can consider myself a Canadian, while keeping some Quebec roots, not an anti-Canada patriotist. I think sometimes Quebec should shut his mouth off, and sometimes the same applies for Ontario. I'm not biased towards one side or the other, I try to see Canada as a whole, with its good and bad. Just my two cents.

Those are my feelings on the subject as well, equinoxe...

We're all too loud about it.

Back