Government asked to investigate Christmas music torture

I still want to know exactly what is a hoser.
Good day, eh! And welcome to the wiki definition of hoser, eh.

Today, the word hoser evokes - sometimes sympathetically, with gentle ribbing, and sometimes negatively - a stereotypical Canadian male, typically lower to middle class, white and English Canadian. He is especially concerned with drinking beer and watching hockey. The hoser is understood as a product of a poor and white upbringing, whether urban or rural, but never from a more cosmopolitan lifestyle. He is generally assumed to be unemployed, although he may also work in primary industry (manufacturing, mining, forestry, etc.) or as a tradesman or a manual labourer. He is typically not university-educated: if he has any education past high school, it's a college trade program. If he does go on to university, or moves to a city, he will still have preferences for "hoser" food, clothing, music, and sports, and will retain the language inflections of his upbringing.
He's often imagined wearing heavy winter clothing, usually a flannel lumberjack shirt, Kodiak boots and a tuque. He is generally a young adult to middle age, and may be somewhat aggressive given the beer and hockey, but may conversely be passive and amiable, given the beer. In musical culture, he is correlated with classic and mainstream rock music, particularly with Rush, Nickelback and the earlier, rowdier works of The Tragically Hip. If he goes out socially, it's usually to a donut shop.
A hoser's flannel shirt may also be referred to as a "Kenora dinner jacket". (Some regional variations of this term also exist, usually substituting a hoser-stereotyped local community's name in place of Kenora.) [2]

Canadian poor white trash..kinda, eh!
Red-necks with toques
The South's far-northern cousins

Now shove off, ya hoser! :bgpimp:

psssst! No 'It's a' - just "Beauty, eh?", or, "Beauty!"

F everybody's I, if you listen to them, I sound like that. :lloyd:

I think that almost any type of music, when played repeatedly like that, can drive people to insanity.

The worst is the XM station "Top 20 on 20"

Basically, they got together a bunch of people with the shittiest taste in music ever, then made them pick 20 songs that completely suck. Then they play those same 20 songs nonstop no commercials no talk 24/7.

Either that or they put it on "The City 68", which is JUST hip-hop.

Our efforts at keeping it on "Big Tracks 49" - Our Generation's Classic Rock - are futile at best, because people are constantly changing it. There's three of us putting it on 49, and about a hundred people putting it on 20.

Then, up in Music/Movies, they always put the "Hits" station on, which is complete shit.

Luckily, the store is far too large for a store-wide music system. Each department has several satellite radios, FM radios, CD players, MP3 players, and speaker systems, and sometimes there are battles for decibel levels after hours.

That's why I like the fact that my new position includes a lot of behind the scenes work, since it's quiet back there.

Back