Guess the Movie

Scanty said:
Is there one called Notorious...?

Yes, there is a Cary Grant movie called Notorious. No, it's not the one in question. :)

It's a great movie, though. Ingrid Bergman was a gorgeous, yet emotionally vulnerable spy. Claude Raines was a sinister post-WWII Nazi. Alfred Hitchcock directed.

Scanty also said:
Other than that I'm out. :D

:( Sorry. Most of the movies I know and love were made before you were born. *Feels old*

I googled it... and Ive never heard of that movie. I would have died naming every movie Ive ever known and never come up with that.

Do you have any idea how many films Cary Grant was in? ?(

I can hear that voice but I can't think of the name of the film at the moment. You could at least narrow it down to a decade. :)

"The Bachelor and the Bobby-sockser". Cary plays the Bachelor; a teen-aged Shirley Temple plays the bobby-sockser that has a crush on him. I think it was Merna Loy (sp?) that played the older sister and true love interest. (Could be wrong about that last though).

*sigh*

Don't any of you guys ever watch TCM?? I mean, it's not like I saw the damn thing in the movie theater. It came out 16 years before I was born... :rolleyes:

And I've seen it twice!!

Janimal said:
"The Bachelor and the Bobby-sockser". Cary plays the Bachelor; a teen-aged Shirley Temple plays the bobby-sockser that has a crush on him. I think it was Merna Loy (sp?) that played the older sister and true love interest. (Could be wrong about that last though).

Thank you, Sweetheart!!!

Janimal saves the day!! :)

Ardsgaine said:
*sigh*

Don't any of you guys ever watch TCM?? I mean, it's not like I saw the damn thing in the movie theater. It came out 16 years before I was born... :rolleyes:

And I've seen it twice!!

i would but i dont get TCM. sometimes i watch AMC though.

Here's the easy one (and official) one:
"I remember that sound. It's a bad sound!"

Here's the challenging one! For those real movie buffs, and not the cream puffs!
"I'm going crazy. I'm standing here solidly on my own two hands and going crazy."

Aunty Em said:
About The Phyllidelphia Story or the other one? - so I can't spell it. ?(

Hey! Aunty Em is no cream puff. :headbang: I'm impressed. :cocktail:

I meant hints about either, but you got the 2nd one so there's no need to give hints on it. I really thought that it would be the more difficult one the way folks go on about the older movies.

Any takers on the first? (That was the official one in anycase).

Janimal said:
Hey! Aunty Em is no cream puff. :headbang: I'm impressed. :cocktail:

All those Sunday afternoons spent watching old black and whites with my mum and dad as a kid weren't a waste then. Forgotton how many times I've seen To Kill A Mockingbird with Gregory Peck... :)

Absolutely no idea about the first. :(

Couple or three hints on the first one then.

1. It's a recent movie. Less than 5 years old.
2. It's a comedy.
3. The actress who says the line is normally a brunette, but sported a blonde do for this movie.

(Gosh guys, I'm sorry, I really thought this would be easier than the 2nd one.)

Back