Guess what we got here...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
15 cases of Girl Scout cookies arrived via the good old Anysoldier route. I'm now feasting on a box of Aloha Chips with Macadamia Nuts...Next, I'm going to chow down on my personal favorites...Do-si-dos. What a score. :D

Gato_Solo said:
arrived via the good old Anysoldier route

They loosened the rules? Initially word had it "anysoldier" only lived at the APO.

It's like this, Gonz. The Post Office is third in line to get the mail here. Aerial Porters are first, then customs, then the post office, and, finally, the folks who are addressed. Guess who works in the Aerial Port? :D

do the girl scouts push different cookies in different regions? other than thin mints i've never heard of any of the others listed :confuse3:

my cousin lives in connecticut, and even tho we're in maryland, we'd buy cookies from her when she was in scouts...
and she'd sell us these strawberries-and-creme ones, that we never had here :(
a pity, too, as they were soooooooooo good, if i recall correctly.

Strawberry and creme?? Never heard of that one either. Maybe they do market certain kinds for certain regions. I know the prices can differ by as much as $1.00 per box, depending on the troop.

Tagalongs are chocolate covered peanut butter cookies and Samoas are these gooey toasted coconut with a little chocolate lines on the top. Yummy!!!!

I didn't actually explain Tagalongs very well. There's the regular cookie, then a layer of peanut butter on top of that, and then the whole thing is dipped in chocolate. The cookie part isn't peanut butter though, it's just regular.

Any way you explain it, it's damn good. :headbng2:

tommyj27 said:
ooooh, tagalogs sound good,actually i think they have those here under another name

Ummm...tj...Tagalog is a language spoken in the Phillpines...

Finally got a couple packages from home. Mom sent me, get this, 4 packages of baby wipes. :confuse2: I told everybody that I'm in an area where we have showers, barracks, and a couple of dining halls, and I get baby wipes? I appreciate the thought, mind you, but I am nowhere near where I need baby wipes to 'shower' with... ;)

They've been pushing that baby wipe thing pretty hard on TV. Maybe you could clean some weapons with them. :D

I'm going to put them on a flight to the true 'gritty' areas. Perhaps a USMC platoon can use them. :D

Back