Guess...

Oricon

Well i can't install linux..... I love linux and all but i can't because of my DWL-120+ wireless usb adapter

Aunty Em

Can't you get drivers for it? Surely they must be around somewhere... I know the Madrake Club give you access to thousands of files including, drivers, etc. I keep meaning to join, but it's a monthly payment and I need to get more familiar with the program before I take that step.

Mirlyn

Go with an Orinoco pcmcia card. If you've got a desktop, get a pcmcia/pci adaptor. Blows the Linksys out of the water. Plus its all worked since 2.4.21. :headbang:

Mirlyn

FYI, for anyone else interested, here's a tool I've recently begun using.

http://www.betaplace.co.uk/unattend.asp

Coupled with a SP1-slipstreamed copy of XP, this saved me a lot of time. Put the CD in the drive, wait for it to boot off it, delete/create partitions, and thats it. Nothing else, no EULA, no key, no network settings, timezone, nothing. It does the unattended install with all your previously determined settings. Next thing you have to do is the intro screens. Works great when you have 20+ machines to install XP/2000/2003 on. :headbang:

Last time I reinstalled my system (last week for a new hard drive) it took me about 30 mins. I put the disc in and then went out to eat. Came back and it was completely done. Work smart, not hard (especially when dealing with MS). :wink2:

Oricon

Nope my board only had 2 pci slots....full size tower though..... one houses my gfx card the other has my tv tuner card

tommyj27

Not really Banned
Mirlyn said:
Go with an Orinoco pcmcia card. If you've got a desktop, get a pcmcia/pci adaptor. Blows the Linksys out of the water. Plus its all worked since 2.4.21. :headbang:
that's for sure.

* has a linksys card :(