Gun-haters need not read. You have been briefed.

Leslie said:
k....so if i post a warning you'll stay out of my Greenpeace and PETA threads? :p

Nope...I'll just be prepared not to be shocked by PETA's criminal behavior...

For the record, I do not hate guns. I DO hate letting just anyone play with them. I like looking at guns, they're very shiny and make big noises and blow the hell out of tin cans. Very macho and very kewl.

I've never really understood the need for even semi-automatic weapons in hunting though. Often, after the first shot is off, the moment is wasted anyway. A moving target dodging amongst trees is not an easy target. The chances of a second decent shot are minimal at best, unless your first shot merely wounded and wasn't a lung-shot.

What worries me about semi-automatic rifles is the ability to create fully-automatic weapons from them. Obviously, not every gun can go through this trasformation, but this bill wouldn't limit 'some' semi's but all.

It's a step in the right direction, but taking the wrong path.

catocom said:
It has always seemed to me, that any gun laws only affect they
law abiding people. The criminals can still get anything they want
for the right price. All gun laws do is make it harder for a decent
person to defend them selves, if need be.

Right on bro! You can have my gun when you pry it from my kid's cold, dead fingers!!

freako104 said:
as much as i am a supporter of PETA id say why would you be suprised by their behaviour? ;)

Maybe becasue they are TERRORISTS :shrug:

Sorry Squiggy-car accident/

Leslie said:
the cocking gives the shooter a second of reflection though, no?

I haven't read all teh way through each individual thread so this may already be posted but;

a revolver can be single or double action- single action means after you cock the gun you pull the trigger & it fires. Double action means you pull the trigger & it cocks the hammer & fires, simultaneously. More accurate & beats semi-auto everytime (except for the number of bullets)...so it really depends on the kind of weapon if they get a second thought.

Gonz said:
I haven't read all teh way through each individual thread so this may already be posted but;

a revolver can be single or double action- single action means after you cock the gun you pull the trigger & it fires. Double action means you pull the trigger & it cocks the hammer & fires, simultaneously. More accurate & beats semi-auto everytime (except for the number of bullets)...so it really depends on the kind of weapon if they get a second thought.

A revolver is more accurate, but in a situation where you might be likely to fire a gun in self defense, chances are you will be close enough that accuracy will not be the deciding factor. In most encounters the most important factor (IMO) would be stopping power. As far as police and military go, except for special forces they generally depend on putting a ton of lead in the air (no, he died of lead poisoning :D).

it'd be nice of the burglar guy to wait while you find your keys, unlock the gun cabinet, get the bullets out of the other locked cabinet, load the gun and aim.

that is, if they're stored safely and properly.

Leslie said:
it'd be nice of the burglar guy to wait while you find your keys, unlock the gun cabinet, get the bullets out of the other locked cabinet, load the gun and aim.

that is, if they're stored safely and properly.
You forgot unlock the trigger lock, Leslie. Note that I can do all that in under sixty seconds with the dogs barking wildly. The shells aren't in another cabinet, but in the same cabinet locked in a seperate area with a different key (the keys don't live together either). Have we ever discussed my views on paranoia?

What's a gun cabinet? For that matter, a trigger lock? What's the difference between an unloaded gun & a hammer? The price.

MrBishop said:
I've never really understood the need for even semi-automatic weapons in hunting though. Often, after the first shot is off, the moment is wasted anyway. A moving target dodging amongst trees is not an easy target. The chances of a second decent shot are minimal at best, unless your first shot merely wounded and wasn't a lung-shot.

I'd love to have full automatic to hunt these damn
logger head snapping turtles in my lake. ;)
I don't care to eat them anyway. I just don't want them
eating my catfish. Be sides they are dangerous with kids around. :eek13:

*wishes he still had his 30.06 Remington semi* :crying4:
I gotta get me another one of those.

just thought I'd give you guys a giggle...and where better than in here?

I've been talking with someone...who could potentially be a "someone" for me. He is a federal law enforcement officer and look what he shows me...it's what is mounted inside his cruiser.

he shows this to ME and asks if I like guns *withholding mirthful giggles*

*giving up* :laugh:

:rofl3:

Attachments

• AR-15 (223)edited.jpg
    AR-15 (223)edited.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 13
The need for a fully automaic weapon in hunting??

That's simple, when you see that pefect opertunity, a full herd of deer sitting in an open field, instead of hitting one you can just close your eye and squeze the trigger, then you got yourself dinner for a month.

Or if you hunting a bunch of wild boar and they decied to attack you, you can show 'em who's boss.

The possiblities are endless if you are an crazed gun freak, but for the rest of us I guess we don't realy need it.

And the artical said and Ak-47 or whatever it is is better for hunting, yah of course it is, and I'm sure a LAW anti-tank rocket launcher would work even better than that, kills and cooks at the same time.

Leslie said:
just thought I'd give you guys a giggle...and where better than in here?

I've been talking with someone...who could potentially be a "someone" for me. He is a federal law enforcement officer and look what he shows me...it's what is mounted inside his cruiser.

he shows this to ME and asks if I like guns *withholding mirthful giggles*

*giving up* :laugh:

:rofl3:

It gave you a hard-on didn't it? :D

Gonz said:
It gave you a hard-on didn't it? :D

:eek6: umno

:lol:

kinda freaked me out to know they actually drive around with those things on a regular basis tho...I'd have thought it would've been just select cars in the trunk :|

at least I clarified that it's mounted to the INside...I'd had visions of Tehran or something :blank:

Back