Halloween

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
What do you guys do for Halloween?

I like decorating... decals on the windows, spider webs. I got these cool lights, one string has skeletons and the other string has pumpkins. Me and the boys get about 5 pumpkins and put them on the front steps and then we bake the pumpkin seeds and eat them. Yum!

Do you dress up for the day?

We usually have a few pumpkins, but that's about it....Halloween isn't a big happening here in the Netherlands :(

I just get dressed up a little bit and serve up a wheelbarrow of huge candies to the local wandering masses. I don't need to dress up the house. A years neglect has made sure that I have more than enough cobwebs all over.

We just put a pumpkin outside. That's about it. Hand out sweets as well. I'm gonna try and think of something better to do this year.

Hubby does this light show thing with coloured strobes, music...the whole shebang, he gets right into it :rolleyes:

It's cool for the kiddies cause we're kind of back off the road so they have to walk up a lane to get here...a short enchanting walk for them, you can see them walking up kind of nervous, it's way cute :D

Leslie said:
It's cool for the kiddies cause we're kind of back off the road so they have to walk up a lane to get here...a short enchanting walk for them, you can see them walking up kind of nervous, it's way cute :D

I think Halloween, Christmas, Guy Fawkes Night etc - they're all so much better when kids are around. Because little kids make it all more exciting, because you can see how magical it is for them. When you get older all these things become such a non-event. Or they have for me, anyway. I envy you, Les.

It's so fun to be able to still go out and do the candy collecting/leaves crunching under your feet/smell that only one night of the year smell...

Soon they won't want me to go out with them anymore...but I'm surely enjoying it with them when I can :D

(Come on up Gato, houseboys are always welcome ;) :D)

paint my face goth style. and wear all black although i may do some variations. my senior year in hs i wore my funeral jacket a top hat and under the jacket was a tye dye shirt. but something along those lines. this year im going to and im going to see if i can get a cloak and go as the grime reaper to school.

My neighborhood gets pounded. Its a high $ real estate area with small property lots. I swear to god that they must bus the kids in from all over the county. The first year I was here I gave out more than 400 pieces of candy for an 88 house neighborhood.

My 'hood has a parade which ends directly in front of my house. We get pounded for 30 minutes, then it's dead for the rest of the night, except for a few apartment dwellers who drive over here to trick or treat.

My neighborhood is an older community so we don't get many trick or treaters. We had a huge bowl of candy last year and wound up with a lot left over. We had a few pumpkins that we decorated and a cute thing for the front door but that's about it. I might go to see my nieces and nephews this year after work. I hate when it falls on a work day.

Scanty, what's Guy Fawkes Night? Never heard of it.

I'm going to a party on the Saturday after and I can't think of what to be. I want something simple so I was thinking of taking this long white nightgown and put spider webs all over me - in my hair - everywhere - then put these little spiders in the web and do my face pale.. something like that..?

Any other ideas..? I want easy - cheap.

Back