Hard habit to break

Gato_Solo said:
Watch your tongue, reb. The feds may be watching. :D

From Highway 70, turn left at third road past the high school. 3 1/2 miles on the left. The proper flag will be displayed in the yard. Wipe your feet before you step on the carpet.

Winky said:
are there very many people down thar that hold that
screwy idea that the civil war is still going on?
The answer to your question is yes, yes there are.

yeah you and yer black slave brothas

we be opressed and such

Chiccy is dem folks aware who done won dah wore?

So.

What percent of the population in whatever it is you define as "South" do you believe would actually vote to secede were there a referendum?

And how do I get on this Opressed List? My kids have it down being Natives, but I think I'm screwed. :(

Only half screwed then?

then mommy found a male model

and lived happily ever after

*oh my bad*

Leslie said:
So.

What percent of the population in whatever it is you define as "South" do you believe would actually vote to secede were there a referendum?

Depends.

Should the legislation I referenced in the Hawaii thread pass, there could well be a serious movement to establish the Confederacy again, or something similar. Given the provisions of that bill as I understand them, there would be a period of time between the passage of the bill and the filing of whatever has to be filed to garner the status provided for by the bill. During that time, most anything could happen.

If a referrendum were held tomorrow, I doubt 25% would support it. Ten years ago however, my estimate would have been three times lower. More and more of us have plain and simple had ENOUGH.

With time, and accurate information disseminated, and the requisite public debates held, people would become more knowledgable. There would always be some who would oppose it for various reasons, and always some like me who would be full bore in favor of it. The middle ground would be about 70-80% of the citizens. Game on.

That's getting the cart in front of the horse though. The spreading of true, accurate historical information is the most important thing right now, secession or not. We have 160+ years of lies to beat back, and generations more of clandestine hatred to deal with, before we worry about that. I only hope to see it happen in my lifetime. It looks more and more like that might happen.

I have a very hard time believing that that many would be in favour of seperating from the US, correct information or not.

The Quebec one was funny, and they had WAY more of a shot, so I'll hope with you that the South one happens in your lifetime so's I can watch.

Leslie said:
The Quebec one was funny, and they had WAY more of a shot, so I'll hope with you that the South one happens in your lifetime so's I can watch.

Oh yes ... so funny my dad bought gun during it, just to enjoy the festivities.

Back