Harry Pothead & the something or other *spoilers*

FluerVanderloo

Re: Harry Pothead & the something or other

chcr said:
Okay, went and saw it. A lot darker than the previous ones, but so was the book. The effects on the fight with the dragon on the big screen are worth the price of admission. Other than that, it wasn't a waste of money.

Agreed. I loved it. But naturally I would.

Professur

Well, with the new book out soon, let stir the pot and start the speculation as to what's gonna happen. Who's your money on for death. Anyone come back to life? Who wins. Who loses.

Or are they just setting us up for a sequel series???

tonksy

I haven't really been following the buzz. They said it was a major character to die? My money is on Snape or Neville.

Professur

And if you go to any bookshop, UK or US, you'll find a table of Harry Potter books, all written by fans, enthusiasts and critics - and prominent among them, The End Of Harry Potter. Which, it seems, has been singled out for Rowling's most magisterial disapproval.

But why? Her official complaint was: she didn't want people to ruin the surprise by purchasing spoilers. A "spoiler" (outside motor racing circles) is a comment by someone who has read a book or watched a movie, which gives away the plot to someone who hasn't. And Rowling said: "I want the readers who have, in many instances, grown up with Harry, to embark on the last adventure with him without knowing where they are going."

Source

A little slip of the tongue on her part, no?

catocom

the first book that really took my time was 'a tale of two cities'.
Of course I was a little older, and it started as having to read it for a grade,
but really got entertaining because I had to look up what some of it meant.

It totally ruined the movie for me.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member

I bet that the book will end saying something about the scar. ;)

Starya

Harry has been forgotten in this household. Neither of us ever finished the last book. Critter's favorite author now is Haruki Murakami.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member

I just pre ordered the 7th Harry Potter book. I paid half price for it (amazon.ca) and it will be delivered to me on the day it's released.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member

I'm realizing I don't think I've seen the 4th movie...I've read all 6 books but I don't think I've seen the 4th movie...I should rent all of them next weekend.

tonksy

Funny you should mention it. We have had a Harry Potter marathon the past couple of days. We are watching the 4th movie now.

I also have the last book arriving on release date from Amazon.com. I hope it does get here that day but no biggie if it's a day or so late.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member

I've read summaries of all the books, but seeing the first 4 movies (actually maybe the first 5 since #5 comes out on July 11) will help refresh my memory :)

tonksy

Yeah, I want to see the fifth movie before I read the book too...but I doubt I will be able to.

kuulani

Speaking of marathon, I just finished reading the Half-Blood Prince to get ready for this next book.

And then, becuase of the movie, I started reading Order of the Phoenix to see everything that the movie will leave out :nerd:

Winky

Saw it, liked it, now I wait til 21 November 2008.

tonksy

We plan on relenting to the children and going to the matinee showing tomorrow.